Freezing

Check your CPU heat sinc is clean of dust, take the CPU FAN OFF(undo 4screws) there you will see a metal plate with panels, use a small fine paintbrush and clean between the panels if clogged up with dust.
check you are not covering any case vents that are blocking air circulation, you can also check your graphics card has not become unseated as sometimes if they get to hot they work loose.

ok, all the sudden its idling at 54-55. Im going to reseat the video card, just to make sure, and then im gonna take the hsf off and put some new AC5.

yeah 54-55 is pretty intense for a cpu. i would suggest getting better case cooling or perferably a new cooler. not only will it stop the freezing but will increase cpu lifetime

w00t!!! 37-40 idling now!!
Just a redo of thermal paste. I actually found out the right way to do it.
Instead of just a little piece of rice size of AC5 in the middle (which is really for single core processors) You put a thin vertical line down the middle. But you have to make sure the arrow is pointing at the bottom left. And for anybody with quad cores, instead of putting a thin line down for dual core processors, put a horizontal line across the middle. also with the arrow pointing at the bottom left.
Now well have to see if my comp keeps freezing.

Ok, so it wasnt a thermal issue, it happend twice after i got my temps down, one time it was a freeze, the second time it was just a restart. while i was NOT playing games. I am clueless now. Not temps, not RAM, i dont know whats up with my computer. everything is seated good inside.

nope. It happened twice now while i was playing Warcraft 3, i join the game, then the countdown starts and then my comp restarts. But i still know its not a temp issue.

Back
Top Bottom