What OS do you use currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was dual booting XP home and Ubuntu 6.06 a couple of months ago on this machine, recently got rid of the Linux partition because my folks needed the space.

I ran DSL (damn small linux) on my laptop until my sister needed to use it so I got a copy of XP Pro for that old piece.

Hopefully soon I will get my new computer which I plan on dual booting windows 2k and Ubuntu 7.04. I always use Linux for everything to do with computers besides gaming (d2 is an oldy but a goodie).

-Sam

vista.. works fine, and it came with the puter i bought.. cant see what everyone is moaning about with it, it works perfectly fine, and crashes less often than xp

All three,
I have dual boot XP Pro and Ubuntu 6.06 for my University coursework etc. and Vista on my wife's PC since I got a free copy from MSDN Academic Alliance. Although in all honesty the security features are incredibly annoying and a lot of programs are very glitchy when running/installing. My Nero 6 OEM for example, wouldn't install at all on Vista Business and a lot of other programs needed tweaking. Once they are working however, they do seem smoother, but that may just be down to the fact its a better computer. I do think it is unfair of microsoft to require such quality hardware to run the OS. It clearly shows in benchmarks against XP pro. Sad really..

I am using XP Home at home, and XP Pro at work. I've played with Vista a little bit, but not enough to really get a full feel for it. From what I did use of it, I wasn't too impressed...but like I said, I haven't really had much of a chance to really explore it. I was that way with XP when I was running 2000 Pro for the longest time and then switched to XP. I didn't think XP was as user friendly as 2000 Pro, but once I got it down and worked things out...I love XP now. However, I like the look of Vista...I just need more work with it.

I've never seen or let alone played around on a Linux system...I'd love to though.

I have vista. installed it yesterday and everything has gone without a problem.

Heck, the only thing that isn't working is my networked printer because of a lack of driver, which isn't MS's fault. The overall install of everything was a lot easier than XP.

Those who say vista uses a lot of RAM don't know what they are talking about. With AIM open (along with 2 convos) FF, Itunes playing, areo turned on, and the calc open, Task manager says I'm only using 758Mb of RAM. I think my XP used more than that while doing the same things.

I use Xp Professional(Legal)....Vista is garbage...Memory hog(Specially a graphics card memory hog).....128mb minimum?, Vista is on the hp in the house....everyone hates it they would rather use the 1.5ghz p4(128mb ram) Emachine running xp!

The HP its a Amd 4400 X2 processor with 1 gig of ram and ...128 mb graphics CARD...and 300 gb hd

Hi,
I am currently dual booting on this machine.
WinXP / Ubuntu 7.04

I've tried Vista back in the RC stages, it was a no go for me. :)

Sadly Windows XP. The idiotic OS cannot do anything right. Ive had three system re-installs and it runs slow on 175Gb of free space with regular maintanence. My computer is only one year old. This OS has failed me. And failed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom