Port Forwarding

Thelis

Golden Master
Hello Fellas,

I have a little port forwarding problem.

I have been trying to forward some ports with my Linksys WRT 54G v4 router, and I cannot for some reason. I tried Port Forwarding.com, but that did not work out too well for me.

I got to the step where I entered my IP adress into the address bar, but then it asked for my username and password, which I do not have. PF says that I can use admin as the username and blank as the password but that doesn't work.

Anybody have any idea how to port forward without doing that, or how to get my password and username?

And, yes, I have tried resetting my router.

According to this site, admin as both username and password:
http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html

Not sure about that though...I thought it was blank user and admin password...anyway, make sure you definitely reset it:
Unplug the wireless router.
Hold down the reset button for 30 seconds with nonstop pressure, and while applying continuous nonstop pressure, plug in the wireless router while continuing to hold that reset button nonstop for the next 10 seconds.

The router will now reboot, and it should work.
If not, then you should know that some models (especially WRT54G 3.xx) are very stubborn about resetting. Try the hard reset procedure at least 3 more times. Also, any loss of contact of the reset button at any time during the 40 second interval will cause the hard reset procedure to do a soft reset instead of what you want.

could the user name and password both be "admin"? I know my D-link came like that, but then again you have a linksys so it's probally different.

user name should be blank on the linksys router, I think mine had admin or administrator for the password. Did you change it at some point and time possibly?

Not sure about Linksys but I know that Netgear print the default user/password on the bottom of the product, well, mine does anyway. Worth a quick look..

For the record, my Netgear is User: admin Password: erm can't remember the default lol...think it was password or admin.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom