New Ram

1turk2nv

Beta member
Hey, didnt no were to put this so i just put it here
just thinking wbout buying more ram and wondering if you have to have the smae brand of ram.
if so my ram has a M with a circle around it could someone tell me what barnd that is.
thanks in advanced

-moved to hardware-

ok, getting new ram can help in the computers performance alot.

you don't have to nesessarily have to get the same brand ram sticks, but it makes sence if you decide to go with two of them.

just make sure you go with a good name brand such as crucial or kingston...ect.

now day's ram sticks can be up to 2-gigs in memory in one stick, so you have plenty of options to choose from depending apon how much your willing to dish out.

hope that helps.. -by the way welcome to CF-

You don't need the same brand just the same timing, voltage and frequency. If your using PC6400 @800mhz with 4,4,4,12 timings you want PC6400 @800mhz with 4,4,4,12 timings. If you buy say PC5300 @667mhz with 4,4,4,12 timings all your ram will downclock to the slower PC5300 speed.

An easy way to determine what type and how much RAM you'll need, try out Crucial's System Scanner. It will scan your system and tell you what you have and what type of memory is compatible with your current setup. :D

Well everythink depends what kind of ram ure PC can support

I would recomended min 2GB Kindston PC5300 @667mhz

On this u can fly on ure PC.

Personaly im using 4 GB Kingston PC5300 @667mhz but windows XP is limited to 3,5 GB only :)

Back
Top Bottom