AMD or Intel

I like whichever one's faster. I've used AMD because it was first to use 64-bit, and proven faster than Intel. Now, Intel looks to be coming out with good stuff. So I'm going to say AMD still because they're pretty much the same as of now. Core Duo looks good but don't see any outstanding specs or benchmarks on it. Unless someone can show me otherwise.

Intel is faster than AMD i saw some reviews. and the core 2 duo beats the AMD 64x2 so im going with intel:mad:

welli have always loved AMD, but i havent had the chance to get a comp wit the proc, bc i have had only one comp, yes rite now Intel does have the advantage, bc of the core 2 duo, but ova this summer AMD should be releasing a new Proc, called AMD Phenom all it says(PC world) is it a 65nm proc, and then goes on to say Intel plans of countering this wit Intel Penryn(Q1, 2008), it says they are already running over 3GHz, wit good gains over the Core 2 Duo in gamming and Viedo editing, and it will b a 45nm build with newer high-k metal gates.

so just a lil scope of wut is new to come,

go AMD

Yea WHEN IS Q1,2,3 and 4
I did a little reseach and found these link with a some info regarding the AMD Phenom processors. I just want to no the price :D

Yea WHEN IS Q1,2,3 and 4
I did a little reseach and found these link with a some info regarding the AMD Phenom processors. I just want to no the price :D

ummmmmm Q1 stands for quarter 1 as in the first 3 months of the year, or for the simple ppl, jan, feb, mar.

and idk price, i was also interested in tht

well here is the link and here is the picture
http://www.dailytech.com/Final+AMD+Stars+Models+Unveiled+/article7157.htm?www.reghardware.co.uk
4622_large_stars_list.png

I HOPE THE QUAD CORES COME OUT IN EARLY JULY :D

And i am really interested in the price because the quad cores are usually Expensive. If AMD found a way to Produce Quad cores cheaply GOOOO AMD :D

I'm waiting for Phenom (what's with the stupid names?) before I upgrade so I have a clear comparison between it and Core 2 Duo.

Yes, we need to get this thread updated!!!!!! Since it's a sticky anyways........

Does AMD have what it takes to get back in the hunt with Intel? AMD hasn't had a competitive high end product since Intel launched its Core 2 Duo processors in July of 06. They need to ditch the old K8 architecture. And something new is just that: AMD's new K10 architecture powering server chips (Barcelona) as well as new desktop chips (Agena).

But also, the Athlon name is DEAD. Enter the new top of the line CPU called Phenom.

AMD says Phenom will ship in dual and quad core flavors. A key advantage of the quad core Phenom is that all four cores are on one die. Intel's current quad CPUs are essentially two dual cores linked by a frontside bus. Seems like deja vu when the Athlon 64 first came out going up against Intel Pentium 4 and Pentium D. This is interesting..............

AMD's approach certainly seems like a real eye opener, but we'll see whether the new design is really a plus until we see test results. Meanwhile, for the truly hard core users, a new platform, code named FASN8, that supports two quad core Phenoms are in the mix of things.

Intel isn't staying quiet: The company will soon launch its next desktop chip, a Penryn family member code named Yorkfield. Based on an updated version of the Core 2 Duo architecture, these quad core chips will feature improvements such as larger cache sizes and new SSE instructions. So big updates are coming and things are starting to heat up once again.

AMD is better, faster more powerefficent. my AMD 64 athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ is better than my brothers Intel Celeron 2.8ghz. mines only 2.1!

Back
Top Bottom