Video Program

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I need a video editing program, that is really simple, I have a video on my computer, and i just want to cut certain things out of it (make it kid safe) Thats all, nothing fancy. Thanks

If you got XP or Vista they come with Windows Movie Maker. It's pretty basic and free. If Movie Maker doesn't support that certain file type, or you don't have XP or Vista, download the trial of Sony Vegas (Google it), Vegas should support most file types, and if you only need it for that video you have 30 days to edit it with the trial.

Cool, well I wanted to export it as a .avi, or .mpg............
I have Adobe Premier(sp) Pro and it is hard to get the right settings and the file is either to big, or to grainy.
Is there a way just to cut and remove and save it as the same file, same quality and such?

Each time you render a video file it's going to be a bit lower quality than what you started with. If you want best quality (DV-AVI), it's gong to be a big file size. If you want smaller file size (WMV, or equivalent), it's going to be lower quality. If the video is to be put on DVD, save it as mpeg2. I find this to be the best with both file size and video quality also, but you need a player to play it if it's not going to be put on DVD. Download VLC player for that. Just play around with the settings rendering a test video that's about 10 seconds long just to see what settings you like.

Back
Top Bottom