How to Overclock your GPU(video card)! Guide.

well i got coolbits and it just unlocks some settings in the Nvidia Display settings allowing u to overclock. After i got ATITool i OCed it from there. Way more easier :D I have just reached my peak of OCing my 5200 and going to run a 3Dmark06 test
The results are from 250/200Mhz To 275.5/226Mhz
These show a 5 to 6 frame rate difference on Warcraft 3 Its Great :D

Edit - ATITool is easier. I got the other one i didnt understand it much. :D

Oh yeah ill get that working! Forgot to do it this weekend! Thats great did you use the fins max things or did you did it manual.

Manual I think find max is a bit too much. I will try it on a new file but i think it is a bit too much.

well i found that the memory is caped at 226mhz and ny core is still able to go higher. Will i notice anything if the core goes faster but the memory dosent?

Yeah it should be faster if you OCed the core, memory helps to.

*Updated now with Rivatuner.

i wouldnt takes forevever and makes my GPU not respond. it only checks for artifacts on the fuzzy cube. just find them your self much easier and you have temps in mind too.

yea on my 275/226 Mhz i ran the scan agian and found ONE little DOT. I put it down to around 260/215 now and going to see how much higher i can go witout getting ONE DOT

On ATITool, would you recommend using the "Find Max" buttons?

When you click the find max it will bring up the fuzzy cube checking for artifacts and it will start auto OCing your core or mem. Basically it will OC ur card while checking for artifacts, then it stops and lets the card warm up, then continues you can stop until you get artifacts. Its like an auto OC, you haveing the GTS basically you can go up to 880 on mem and 580 on core, cause 8800GTS is very OCeable(check), then you can start increasing step by step after that.

Back
Top Bottom