Why is limewire not booting?

This is really weird and the first time i've ever had this problem. I downloaded the latest version 4.12.14 I just havn't gotten around to putting it on since my last format. But anyways its really weird. I downloaded Java direct from java's site knowing I'd have to download it anyways for limewire. So I download and install limewire next. No problems for the install but when I click on it the limewire screen pops up then it does nothing. The screen goes away and i'm back on the desktop. Just the boot page for limewire not the page with search's and such.

So then thinking the firewall is blocking it I went in and made sure it is listed as a acception. Tried again same problem. Thinking my version of Java wasn't the right one I removed Java from the computer uninstalled limewire. After that I went to install limewire and let it download Java. It downloaded Java and low and behold still the same problem. I've checked it as an exception again and it still isn't working. Going into my task manager there are no processes running it.

I just tried running it again with the process window open. When the splash screen for limewire comes on it pops up the process limewire.exe for about a split second then it goes away? Also I downloaded this from download.com

Any suggestions i've unistalled it several times and reinstalled it but its not doing anything.

I already tried switching to a older version of limewire pro. It appears to be a Java error actually. I was checking some logs and each time I go in it gives a error. Heres the first part of the error. I don't understand it I'll try redownloading java again.

An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW (0xc00000fd) at pc=0x1000a467, pid=1096, tid=6188
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0_01-b06 mixed mode, sharing)
# Problematic frame:
# C [nvappfilter.dll+0xa467]
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

hmm never saw that before. I'm going to re download Java here and try installing limewire again. If that doesn't work i'll check out that frostwire. Weird part is I got upset last night and tried downloading morpheus to see if that would work. It crashed to so I think my Java is jacked.

I have xp-pro and from time to time I have had this happen,just go back through your internet options,make sure java is enabled and once I had to install an earlier version of java and then re-install updates to get it working,if you are using 2 browsers be sure it is enabled in both of them.When I had the problem you are having ,I cant say exactly what was wrong ,but the fix was to go back through and check all the java settings ,as that is where your problem lies. JMHO>Marvin

I don't know what the lime wire problem is unless its a conflict with another program, but I would stay well away from Morpheus, I used to use it allot but then I realized it installs allot of hidden crap like this BUDDY EXE thing and its an absolute twat to get rid of, after reading allot of bad reviews on the subject I only cured it with a reformat of windows.

Back
Top Bottom