HeatSink & Fan

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

im a little confused on the 775 heatsink and fans i built my pc and it runs at 47'C when not doing n e thing and bout 60'C on full load (my Pentium D) i built my girlfriends bro pc C2D e6320 and it runs at 37'C on full load and ike 28'C doing nothing ?

is it possible my heatsink and fan is put on wrong ?

also while im here i have to confess my very ameture mistake on my first build ( my penitum D ) i built the computer without the case seperators

:( i know it could short out and stuff but luckily it hasnt so could this add to my heat problem could there not be alot of airflow underneath the motherboard ?????

also would you reccomend rebuilding my pc with the case seperators

i dont know what a case seperator is but what i do know is that pentum d's run hotter and have a higher max ambient tempeture than C2D's. just buy an aftermarket cooler if your really concerned about the heat that much.

sorry i dont know the proper word for them they are the little thigns that seperate your motherboard from the case.

they screw into your case and your mobo screws into them

OOO! just take out your motherboard and all your cards\cables stick the "raisers" in and put your motherboard back in.

make sure to de-static your self first by touching metal like the case or a fridge works really well too.

yh i have known i had to do it for bout a month now but i cnt bothered lol.

i will get round to it soon i just wonna know if u think its effecting my heat ?

No. You need those. They keep the board from shorting on your case, improve airflow around your board, and make the board the proper hight for PCI cards and the like to fit properly.

For a Pentium D, those temps are normal. To quote an Intel rep "Five Pentium Ds could heat this entire movie-theater". Core 2's run a lot cooler so you can't really compare the two.

Back
Top Bottom