Destructive recovery?

If you have the OS install disk, just do a clean install of it. You will want to go into boot from optical drive, and boot it from there.

Yeah, I want to do a full system restore.... I'm running XP

I'm having the EXACT same problem as what raftacon posted in that thread. I try do do something like system recovery, or enter safe mode but that gets me nowhere. It just takes me back to the black and white screen where I can chose the 3 safe mode options, or to start windows normally.

sorry for the double/triple bumps but someone here must now how I can fully restore my computer to factory defaults in my situation. anyone?

If you can get into safe mode do so and log into any account that has admin powers. Click the Start menu>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Go back as early as you can.

What I think they meant by destructive recovery is wipe everything clean and start new. You said you don't have the CDs for windows, but does your computer have a recovery partition?

{Edit} I know you want your computer fixed, but please don't bump that often again.

I can not get into safe mode, or any other mode.

When the computer starts up I try to go to system recovery (by pressing F10) but I get an error message when trying to recover. The message reads:
"The section IDA_CREATE_USER_DRIVE_U does not contain a valid dialog template."

Back
Top Bottom