tv tuner

itzdylan24

In Runtime
i had pulled a tv tuner out of a computer, put it in mine and dint work
how many cords are there suppose to be? i only saw one.. it had like 4 pins

What tuner are we looking at here? Also, did you install the drivers for it? If you don't have Media Center Edition of XP or Home premium/Ultimate Vista, you will need to use their software to view input from the card.

it says pixelview on the front...and on the back on the barcode it says pixelview tv-tuner bt878p+

it doesnt download... it just sits there
and btw wat kind of cords do i need to stcik from the card to comp right now i have 4 pin connected

Where did you pull the card off of? Also, the four pins connect to the motherboard, idk if your mobo supports it or not.

i pulled from another computer, i did connect it to the mobo, right into the one closest to the pci slots

i have Dell OptiPlex GX260

Ok well if you tried putting it into another computer it wont work, because its set-up to be used in the dell computers, and they won't let you use it in another computer. Also, try installing the drivers.

Yeah dell is weird like that. You cannot really use a piece of their hardware on other custom rigs. I tried taking the sound card from one, but that did not work out at all for me.

Back
Top Bottom