Finally O'ckd my CPU

Shantei

In Runtime
Finally done it. What a pain it was.

However, I have a few questions about it.

First of all, because I've overclocked it this means it'll run hotter aye? Well, is this the only thing that shortens the life expectancy of it? The heat? So long as it's kept reasonably cool, the life expectancy shouldn't decrease should it?

Also what is L1 and L2 Cache meant for? More doesn't mean an increase in performance does it? Is it the 'capacity' of the CPU in a way?

Thanks in advance.

Oh ffs .. did what happened last time. It works for 20 minutes of half an hour and then my computer restarts!! Sometimes it won't load up the desktop after selecting my profile and perhaps restart again. Why does it do this? My memory and HT frequencies are slightly below their stocks and there's no heating problems. Can someone please tell me what's going on?!

Thanks in advance.

I REALLY want to say that it is heating problems or voltage problems. Reset Cmos, and try again, but overclock a bit lower this time. That problem happens to me every time I OC. Your computer is just saying that something is wrong by restarting.

I REALLY want to say that it is heating problems or voltage problems. Reset Cmos, and try again, but overclock a bit lower this time. That problem happens to me every time I OC. Your computer is just saying that something is wrong by restarting.

My processor is running at 39 degrees. My CPU voltage is set to auto. 1.35 it is set at and I have the options of putting it up to either 1.375 and 1.4 Max. I don't think it needs to be raised. I have a 480W PSU, that's enough surely... shouldn't matter. Sorry, what do you mean reset Cmos?

Back
Top Bottom