xp reinstalll

adamr1001

In Runtime
i want to do a fresh install of xp mines frigged, however, whenever i have tried previously on another comp, it asks me to put in sp2 disc and the one i put in isnt recognized and half the files i need cannot be copied resulting in windows with no ie, and no themes or anything. any ideas?

Hmmm are you on XP with sp2 right now and are trying to install an earlier version that say only has XP sp1. Is it a coshsa version otherwise you might have got a dodgy copy.

yup, my mce is an original and as far as im aware, the sp2 disc im asked to put in it an original. if i didnt use the sp2 disc,is there a way around it then

Is it the same OS version you are trying to install with as the one on already? because that might be the problem if not, you could try getting hold of another disc and try that with your CD key(must be the same OS) borrow one from a Friend maybe as I don't think the one you have is a good one.
There are other means like P2P programs but that road is for you to explore yourself;)

could i download sp2 from windows and burn that to disc? also i read somewhere that if you just insert the other installation disc it works. do you know if theres any truth in this?

Ive never tried to save a windows update to a folder to burn on a disc so I cant answer that one ,another member may help you on that as it will be interesing to know if its possible. when you say the other instalation disc do you mean another xp disc or a specific sp2 disc? I have XP HOME with SP2 built in so I dont need it, but I do also have a XP PRO SP1 version that I aquired should we say but dont use it, With that you just install it then goto windows update and download SP2.

My MCE disc comes with 2 discs aswell, dont think you can do it without disc 2. Have you tried cleaning the disc, is it damaged in any way?

yup both discs are both clean, when you installed mce?, did you need a disc for sp2? because if you dont use it you dont get ie or the mce theme

Back
Top Bottom