Elton John or Billy Joel?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Well, this is weird posting this but I have no other way. A mate and me have been having this ongoing argument over who is better, we have been asking as many as we know and it really does come out even. I thoguht I would let you vote now, and I know a lot of you are probably not into either of their music, but oh well.

I vote for Elton as I think his songs have better lyrics (I know he didn't write most of them) and I think he delivers them with more passion than Billy does.

Happy voting :)

Matt

Sir Elton John for me, his earlier stuff especially , great musician and artist.
Rocket man, Candle In The Wind, Good Bye English Rose the Princess Diana tribute was fantastic, Your song , Sacrifice and Crocodile rocks to name but a few.

I prefer Elton John. Billy Joel's style just isn't up my alley. Elton John has a lot of great songs and he's an awesome piano player. I hate how people make such a big deal about him because he's gay. I don't really care, it's no business of mine. He's an awesome musician which is all I care about.

I prefer Elton John. Billy Joel's style just isn't up my alley. Elton John has a lot of great songs and he's an awesome piano player. I hate how people make such a big deal about him because he's gay. I don't really care, it's no business of mine. He's an awesome musician which is all I care about.

I could not have said it better myself! Good to see we have some Elton fans on the forums :)

Matt

What is the criteria for "better"
Lyrics
Melody
Entertainment value
Concert performance
# of hits
The list is endless...........

I have more BJ songs than EJ so I guess I have to go with him..............they are both awesome talents though.

Elton John sounds better to me, but one could make the case that Billy Joel is more successful.

Personally, I'm more of a Billy Joel fan.

Although I do think it's hilarious that Elton John was featured on one of Eminem's songs. I think it was Stan..

Personally, I'm more of a Billy Joel fan.

Although I do think it's hilarious that Elton John was featured on one of Eminem's songs. I think it was Stan..
I never knew that. I'm not an eminem fan though, actually I don't listen to rap music (or heavy metal). I'm more of an "oldies" guy. Elton John and Billy Joel type music is what I mainly listen to. I like Billy Joel, but his overall sound isn't my thing although he is a brilliant songwriter and he does have some neat songs. I mainly listen to 80's stuff, but I also like Genesis and Phil Collins.

Back
Top Bottom