Maybe not such a good idea?

well then just get an ok external hard drive put em on there and delete em on ur computer then when u get it back u put em back on

That would take money, time, and also you do not know how big his files are. I am guessing 100GB+, therefore the Ex-HDD would be expensive. Also would take a while to transfer, etc.

You could go to a small local computer guy who would not care what is on your computer

Or he could just tell us the problem and have the forums help him out so he can fix in on his own. Save himself from having to move or backup anything, and save him the thousands of dollars that PC stores charge (maybe a bit exaggerated). I really wouldn't put my PC in the hands of someone else and then having them charge me as much as they do. It's great if you have PC problems, you don't know anything about PCs, you know a very knowledgeable PC repair shop, and you are rich.

@Jesus: I already suggested that:

Also, what are the problems? We might be able to fix them on this forum unless it is actually broken hardware in which case the people at the repair place should not need to actually access your files.

We seem to think alike..

Would the people who repair computers really look at your files without your permission? At least I dont think so...if they did spy my files, I'd sue them. lol.

but what proof would you have that they looked through your "private" files? unless you have some type of tracker theres no proof

I would use a compression folder like 7zip or winrar then put them all in file and compress it then password protect it, personally if your not hiding anything of major I would not bother and just take it in.

Would the people who repair computers really look at your files without your permission? At least I dont think so...if they did spy my files, I'd sue them. lol.

The problem is we don't always have a choice.

If, lets say, you want them to reformat windows for you, and backup all of your pictures and music. Well, they are going to make sure they have all of your pictures and music before wiping out what you have. And in order to make sure they have everything, they need to search some-how (search feature or look themselves).

Wow, surprised I got so many replies. Anyway, the problem is that I need a boot disc to reformat my hard drive. Vista's boot.ini got corrupted.I'm gonna go buy a boot disc from ebay and everything should be okay(hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom