Go Ahead and Brag about ur computers here

it seems like alot of ppl got got emachines!!Well rejoice wal mart is selling dell comps now i think there as cheap as emachines right??btw emachines rn't really that bad ne more specailly if you fix them up a little.

no not at all im posting on an emachine as my computer dosent have interent at this very second :D
2.66ghz celeron
256mb ddr
60gb HDD
intel intergated
runs fine if you ask me. i think my dad might buy more ram for it though.

it seems like alot of ppl got got emachines!!Well rejoice wal mart is selling dell comps now i think there as cheap as emachines right??btw emachines rn't really that bad ne more specailly if you fix them up a little.

Yeah, biggest issue I see with Emachines are the power supplies going then taking out the motherboard with it. Simply replace it before doing much and the computer should last a decent amount of time.

I do have a new laptop. Technically, I built it. Work was throwing a bunch of vintage old stuff (old, but never used) which included about 15 laptop shells. I parted them out and made me a laptop.

It's a Socket 478 Pentium 4 @ 1.7Ghz, 384 MB of RAM, a 20GB hard drive and a 15.4" screen. Battery doesn't work, but you can't complain when it was free.

nice can take it to friends house huh???If nothing elese it can be a great machine to listen to music and roam the net. if its free it's for me.

my family comp is an emachines well was till 2 weeks ago when it decided to just die.

think it was the PSU but took the mobo out wiv it aswell :(

Personally, I don't get along with name brand PC's like Dell. I don't know why, but I just have an overall bad experience when I'm using a name brand PC. In my personal opinion, eMachines is one of the best PC manufacturers out there. Of course, they don't come maxed out like gamer PC's like Alienware, but they don't come too shabby either. If you are like me and need the performance of a high-end gamer PC but don't have that kind of money, eMachines is the best way to go. I have 3 eMachines computers that I have used. My first computer I bought in 1999 was a 766i which only had a 766 mhz processor and 64 mb of PC100 RAM with a 12 mb shared VRAM card. I never upgraded that computer, but to this day, it still runs as if it was brand new. Slow as hell, not much computing power, but a good starter computer. I won't go into my next one (a T3306) because it is a much longer story and it has a sad ending. I blew the motherboard up in that one by running 350 watts through a 300 watt power supply. Now, I have a T5226 and I love it. I've only had it 3 days and I already have some pretty sweet upgrades in it.

Overall, eMachines are the best after you get some fairly cheap upgrades for them.

Oh, and before I forget, thanks for the welcome, Rudster :)

--EDIT--
Didn't get my long and seemingly pointless story out before I noticed some posts about the PSUs in eMachines computers. Most come standard with 300 watts now, which is not ideal for gamers like me. Like I said, I blew my the motherboard in previous computer up by trying to pull 350 watts through the eMachines standard. Before adding ANY upgrade (including RAM), at least get a 350 watt power supply. Or you can be an overachiever and get a 580 watt... :)

pent d 925 3.0ghz 4mb l2 cache
intel d865ls mobo
512x2 kingston value ram ddr400
XFX 7600gs 256mb ram 128 bit

and they call that braggin :D

btw nice processor flight sim boy :)

Back
Top Bottom