Whats does everyone think of this monitor?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
hello im thinking about getting this monitor: the benq FP241WZ

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-022-BQ&groupid=17&catid=510&subcat=

ive been reading that it has some problems in the fact that it cant turn 16:9 into 16:10 ratio, that it stretches it to fit the whole screen. im not sure if it is this model or weather it was the fp241w before it. apparently this problem only occurs when the source is something like a tv. other than that what i have read is that its a great monitor especially for gaming which will be its primary use. the secondary use is for watching movies of my pc and thirdly would be to watch the news once every two weeks from my free view box.

im also planning on getting the ati 2900xtx when it comes out or either a 8800gtx to go with it.

what do you guys think?

6ms response time? Sheesh! For Overclockers I was expecting at least 2ms response time with a price like that!

yeah i've read a few good reviews about that monitor, i personally would not buy it, because i have no experience with a benq monitor and i wouldnt spend that much to find out.

on the other hand, it is really one of the top monitors out there so i think you'll be happy with it.

6ms response time? Sheesh! For Overclockers I was expecting at least 2ms response time with a price like that!

The Dell 2007WFP is one of the best, if not the best 20.1" WS monitor out there...and yet it has a 16ms response time. Now, does that make it a bad monitor, or one thats inferior to a monitor with a 2ms response time? I don't know why people always judge monitors on response time. FFS, anything lower than 16ms is unnoticeable. And anything under 12ms is gray to gray, not black to white to black. Stupid panel manufacturers telling consumers skewed information on response times, knowing the average consumer doesn't know crap with monitors.

The Dell 2007WFP is one of the best, if not the best 20.1" WS monitor out there...and yet it has a 16ms response time. Now, does that make it a bad monitor, or one thats inferior to a monitor with a 2ms response time? I don't know why people always judge monitors on response time. FFS, anything lower than 16ms is unnoticeable. And anything under 12ms is gray to gray, not black to white to black. Stupid panel manufacturers telling consumers skewed information on response times, knowing the average consumer doesn't know crap with monitors.

so whats your opinion of this monitor?

Calm the fuck down.

QFT.
Calm the fuck down.
You calm the f*ck down. Don't give people advice when you don't know what you're talking about.

Anyway, it looks pretty good. The couple (professional) reviews I skimmed had only good things to say.

Back
Top Bottom