PC stores that don't know what they are doing...

I wouldnt trust anyone else with my computer.

I know it inside and out... No one else does.

if i cant fix it than no one can when it comes to hardware :)
Yeah i hate seeing people going in there and saying oh my computer is slowing down and the shop say well heres a $2000 dollar computer . I would be like wait ill just go and pick the money off my money tree :D all their origonal computer needs is reformating and maybe more ram adding
For a lot of people a 1ghz p3 with 512mb ram and a 20gb hd is fine if they only use it for ofice tasks
and even if a machine only has win95 onit i would have a look and see if i could add more ram before telling anyone to buy a new computer as ram is the cheapest way to extend the life of a computer

yeah but on your imaginery system it would be 256 or 128 of ram not even close to 512 but your right that pc is good enough to run what most people do. all they would need to do is get a decent sound if they play music to take the load off the cpu and some ram.

look at this way though if you were about to make 500$ on a 2000$ computer would you tell them? :cool:

cancel the order and find a place where you can do it yourself

Where am I going to find a place that charges only 50 cents per gig or less and will let me format on my own...? I know a place that charges $15 for a 3GB hard drive, not a good place to buy hard drives. I don't know of too many places that sell used hard drives, and I don't know any others that sell at a good price. I'll just have to wait it out. If I cancel the order it's going to take just as long anyway as I couldn't pick them up today. As long as the people have them ready by tomorrow afternoon, that's the earliest I could get them now anyway.

Yeah i hate seeing people going in there and saying oh my computer is slowing down and the shop say well heres a $2000 dollar computer . I would be like wait ill just go and pick the money off my money tree :D all their origonal computer needs is reformating and maybe more ram adding
For a lot of people a 1ghz p3 with 512mb ram and a 20gb hd is fine if they only use it for ofice tasks
and even if a machine only has win95 onit i would have a look and see if i could add more ram before telling anyone to buy a new computer as ram is the cheapest way to extend the life of a computer

700MHz, 128MB, 10GB HDD, Windows 2000 is fine for internet browsing. That's the average system I sell. If I put XP on it, it's a minimum of 256MB ram. As for Windows 95...install Windows 98 at least, 95 was terrible.

15 bucks for 3gb harddrive???thats crazy you deff need a new source have you ever tried like a thrift store??? i mean all you need is 20 gig hard drives im sure there comps have them!!!and most places like that sell the comps for like 10 bucks or so.Should check one out.

15 bucks for 3gb harddrive???thats crazy you deff need a new source have you ever tried like a thrift store??? i mean all you need is 20 gig hard drives im sure there comps have them!!!and most places like that sell the comps for like 10 bucks or so.Should check one out.

I was talking about a different PC store, not the one I'm getting them at. The one I'm getting them at it costs 50 cents per gig. Not a bad deal. I definitely wouldn't spend that much of a 3GB HDD. I was just giving prices of the other store to show that this is the place with the best deals I've seen so far. I don't know where any thrift shops are around here. I know they are around, I just never look for them.

Well, I finally got them today. Of course, they screwed up once again. I asked for ten 10GB HDDs and five 20GB HDDs. I get there and they have about equal amounts of 10 and 20GB HDDs, and a 40 and 13GB HDD... At least they got that there was 15 hard drives in the lot... I had to pay $20 more than I was anticipating ($100). I got the 13GB HDD free. The two I have tested so far work.

Back
Top Bottom