Go Ahead and Brag about ur computers here

Well, my parents didn't contribute a dime to my computer. Personally, I didn't want them to. That way, they need my permission to access anything on it :)

yeah that was my feeling as well mainly why my comp is crap as i dont have a job at the mo , i have a younger sister as well and i thought if my parents pay towards it they may make me let my sister use it which would be annoying asshe would load it up with spyware which is what girls usually do
i also paid for my laptop for the same reason

Well my computer is ok, not that high end not that mid end, hehe I am just pissed I cant OC my processor everything else is fine by me.

As for earning money, here is a suggestion, find some friends and open up a mini-business where you take somebody's broken comps, repair them, and charge a little fee.

That's not easy to do as a 14 year old, people will look at you and ask your age and if you have certifications, then pass you right up. It's happened to me plenty of times, and I'm 17, 16 not too long ago. I do get a few PCs to repair from time to time from people I know or the rare person that doesn't care if I don't have certifications (as they really only say you passed the test, not that you can do anything with computers), but I don't charge an immense amount. I charge $15 minimum, and usually $15 flat unless it something like a hard drive or CD drive install, more like $5 for that. Or if it takes a lot more time because something else came up, then it will be more. I make more money by collecting, rebuilding, and reselling PCs.

I charge $15 bucks to fix an ipod. I got about a hundred iPods this year, and that brings me up to $1,500 in total income. Plus personal savings add another $1,000.

Then there is the stuff I got from friends which include old hdds, incompat ram...

Some fast food places hire at 14. I started working at a Culvers the day I turned 14.

omg, i just realized you live in WI, i miss culvers so much, they dont have it on the east coast....

i dont know about this kid, but celegorm, if you want to earn some money ill pay you to mail me culvers food!!!!

I wish I have my own job, then there would be no one to tell me what I can or cant buy, then I could buy a top end computer. Ahhh, just a sample of freedom.

But with a job, you have to pay for other stuff, so unless you have a mid-level job or higher you couldn't buy a top-end comp, since you would still have to pay all the bills an everything.

I mean, you could just say screw it and buy an amazing comp, but then you are in credit and stuff goes downhill from there.

omg, i just realized you live in WI, i miss culvers so much, they dont have it on the east coast....

i dont know about this kid, but celegorm, if you want to earn some money ill pay you to mail me culvers food!!!!

I might just have to take you up on that. How much are we talking about :D

I hate to rub it in, but there are three of them within a 10 mile radius of my house :)

But with a job, you have to pay for other stuff, so unless you have a mid-level job or higher you couldn't buy a top-end comp, since you would still have to pay all the bills an everything.

I mean, you could just say screw it and buy an amazing comp, but then you are in credit and stuff goes downhill from there.

As a teenager how many bills are you going to have to pay? Unless your parents make you start paying for something... The only thing I have to pay for is gas for my car, and I pay with cash, so no bills there.

Once you start living on your own though, that does apply, and I agree you need to pay your bills first and save any extra money up for a nicer PC. I'm currently saving for a nicer car.

Car> PC IMO. For some people cars aren't that necessary as they live somewhere small and it is not hard getting from place to place. For me though, I would take a car over ANY computer.

Back
Top Bottom