Patching an ISO file

Xx-Legend-xX

In Runtime
Hi,

Well, I downloaded vista and burned it on a DVD. I want reinstall my system. But after I put the disk into the optical drive and restart the computer, the disk doesnt boot itself. I heard that I have to patch the ISO file in order for the disk to boot at startup. How to patch the ISO or any ways to make the disk boot???

you have to burn the iso as an image. u just dont burn it like a regular data disk. ask if you need help.

Any normal DVD burning program can burn an ISO image to a DVD. I have Nero, I have to look under the backup category and select "Burn Image to Disc".

Well, using normal burning, I burned the data to a DVD and I could only run it through My Computer-->Optical Disk D. I run the setup and that works. I'm running vista now, but lots of things are missing, and when I try to install things like games etc, it says error messages almost every single time. And its really unstable with problems. You guys think that this is the problem because I didnt boot vista setup at startup???

To burn an image in Nero 7, open smart start and click the "backup" tab thingy. Burn Image to disk will be listed in here. Depending on what version you have, you may need to scroll to the side a bit.

Back
Top Bottom