PC stores that don't know what they are doing...

They promised them by Thursday evening, the day I called. It's now Saturday and they are closed until Monday. Last time I called they weren't done, but they said they'd be done by the end of the day. I didn't go pick them up because they probably still don't have them done.

I'd be very happy to format them on my own time, it's not hard to do, and it only takes a few minutes per HDD. I'm not paying them to format them, I'm paying them to own them, but to be able to own them, they must first format them...

I think the reason they format them is so that they know the hard drives are ok and not faulty , but if you where promised them thursday you should get them Thursday

yeah and in case they are used and theres any data left over
(damn im so bored...)

I think the reason they format them is so that they know the hard drives are ok and not faulty , but if you where promised them thursday you should get them Thursday

That's more what I am unhappy about really. The hard drives do have a warranty, so even if i did it myself I could have taken back the bad ones. I would have been happy had I been able to pick them up Friday morning, since they said it would be done Thursday evening...

i hate when people sell horrible computers
to stupid people saying there amazing
like some guy tryed to sell my dad a laptop with 256
ram and a 120hard drive
saying that the huge hard drive was really fast
i played along and then told the guy hes a joke and told him to
go screw some one else over
haha hard drive speed
thats the slowest thing on a comp....

i see things like this happen is best buy all the time. someone thinks they need a new computer because it is slowing donwn. ugh ive always wanted to tell the person helping him\her to back off and tell them to back there stuff up and re format but that would be rude. serioulsy though i wish they would tell them that they DONT need a new pc.

i think i might open up some kind of "build me a pc" kind of deal.
A. i make the green stuff
B. i wouldnt lure people in buying a new pc but rather see if i could speed it up first unless it is ancient with windows 98 on it

B. i wouldnt lure people in buying a new pc but rather see if i could speed it up first unless it is ancient with windows 98 on it

I've considered that. I can't stand to see people ripped off by buying a brand new 1500 dollar PC with 2GB RAM and a top of the line processor, only to find out it runs slower than my P4 since there's so much bloatware and unwanted junk on it. I'd rather build a computer to the customer's specs. for a decent price, and have them be happy with it and not have to buy a new PC every year.
I like the idea of not luring people into buying a new PC. Some people tend to rush to that conclusion that they need a new PC. Heck, a 1.0GHZ Pentium III would be fine for a lot of people since there's quite a few people out there who only use their computers for web browsing, email, office work and sometimes even music. I can't see spending a thousand dollars on a PC that's going to be used only for basic tasks, just keeping the one you have now would work in most cases unless it has like windows 95 or 98 on it.

Usually, I always say that I will format them. Anyways, they're always formatted. I pick the drives I want from the trays, and I'm away with it. I need a couple more HDDs in the 20giggers, because it would make it look better.

cancel the order and find a place where you can do it yourself, also in respond w/ the best buy thing, i saw one dude in there talking to geek squad and he wanted them to get a cd out of the cd-drive. must of been stuck or somthing, but common .. i wanted to help him myself, but like you said that might of been rude

I wouldnt trust anyone else with my computer.

I know it inside and out... No one else does.

I wouldnt trust anyone else with my computer.

I know it inside and out... No one else does.
yeah same here lol , in fact i think everyone here does
i see things like this happen is best buy all the time. someone thinks they need a new computer because it is slowing donwn. ugh ive always wanted to tell the person helping him\her to back off and tell them to back there stuff up and re format but that would be rude. serioulsy though i wish they would tell them that they DONT need a new pc.

Yeah i hate seeing people going in there and saying oh my computer is slowing down and the shop say well heres a $2000 dollar computer . I would be like wait ill just go and pick the money off my money tree :D all their origonal computer needs is reformating and maybe more ram adding
For a lot of people a 1ghz p3 with 512mb ram and a 20gb hd is fine if they only use it for ofice tasks
and even if a machine only has win95 onit i would have a look and see if i could add more ram before telling anyone to buy a new computer as ram is the cheapest way to extend the life of a computer

Back
Top Bottom