How low can you go?

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
I got really bored today and decided to underclock my system. I was mainly doing it to see the temperatures using such low voltage, but anyways...

How low can you UC your system, and how high can you get your SuperPi times? (other CPU benchmarks welcome) Here's my first shot: 2m 06.719s!

p4 2.8ghz to 2.1ghz lol
this should be a competition to see who can get their system to the lowest speed

my 1.6ghz laptop goes to 797mhz by the click of a button (when i take out the charger or set the power saver to low). thats an under clock i suppose :)

my 1.6ghz laptop goes to 797mhz by the click of a button (when i take out the charger or set the power saver to low). thats an under clock i suppose :)

thats the multiplier changing rather than the fsb, if you had an unlocked multiplier it would be easy to go down very low

i would underclock mine but that ruins your overclock. i dont see any reason for people not to get down to 300's though or does the core go so slow it is instable?

anyways my bios wont let me go under 200 fsb which is default

thats the multiplier changing rather than the fsb, if you had an unlocked multiplier it would be easy to go down very low

it is an intel therefore it is locked isnt it? or is it unlocked on laptops

It's too bad the Ancient Computer (see sig) has its BIOS locked...that'd be fun to underclock.
emot-LMAO.gif
I'm gonna try software, see if I can come up with anything.

@Rudster: My FSB won't go below 200 in my BIOS, but I used ClockGen to bring it down to ~112. For some reason, it won't make it down to 100 even though the software is able to do it; it locks up.

i would underclock mine but that ruins your overclock. i dont see any reason for people not to get down to 300's though or does the core go so slow it is instable?

anyways my bios wont let me go under 200 fsb which is default

it is an intel therefore it is locked isnt it? or is it unlocked on laptops
well when you lower the fsb it also slows the system down as a whole cos the bus is slower data isnt being transmitted as fast whereas if you lower the multiplier data just isnt being processed as fast

and my laptop dosent have an unlocked multiplier no it has a speetstep where i can manipulate the settings to make it run at either 1.6ghz with 16 multiplier or 800mhz with 8x multiplier
i dunno about dude_se's laptop except it has an intel c2d

Back
Top Bottom