Is my 8800gts on par?

Finally my computer is fixed and its time to start doing some benching! I did a factory bench then thought I'd overclock it a bit and see how much it improved. I scored 8,613 with factory settings. I bumped up the clocks a bit and thought this was pretty decent. Kinda sucks though i'm one gig short on the ram so hopefully when I get my 2 gigs of firesticks my marks should go up. But anyways here's my final mark so far. I'm not going to high on the cpu until I get my new memory just cause i'm going to have to do it again then anyways.

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/resultanalyzer.jsp?projectType=14&XLID=0&UID=9806074

3dMarkpic.jpg

Damn is the core stable at 674?? Very nice. e6600 at 3.1 nice didnt you had a 6300??

Damn is the core stable at 674?? Very nice. e6600 at 3.1 nice didnt you had a 6300??

Ya the cores stable. No Artifacts ran the scan for artifacts for about 5 mins then did a bench. Ya I have a E6600 it used to be at 3.1Ghz before I had that ram problem. One of my sticks went bad then my board quit posting. Thought it was the board but it turned out to be a bad memory module. Sucks newegg doesn't order on the weekend or I would have ordered 2 gigs last night. In the process of screwing with the board I reset the bios so I just turned it up a little bit. Haven't got around to updating my bios yet.

I may try and go a bit higher. I got it to 704 but it locked up on me. Had to set it back to 675.

I score about 8800 on 3d mark 06 you got a better processor nice! At 1280X1024 suits you fine like me =)

wow i cant wait to get my new video card i get 40fps

look at your temps though they are very high 79c is HOT only 21c from sticking a cup of water on there and watching it boil i would crank it back down for longevity of the card or buy an aftermarket cooler

EDIT:
the core not the memory just buy heatsinks for them when you get the ram from newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118220

Ya I was pretty worried at first when I saw my temps. I freaked when it idoled at 75C. So I got RivaTuner downloaded and increased the fan speed up to 100%. I've heard its normal for these cards to run up around 90C so i'm not to worried but interested in the link you gave me. What exactly do they do just sit on top of the GPU and dissapate the heat i've never seen them before.

And 2 nexus ya my processor might be a bit faster but with a bit of overclocking you can have mine in no time! Did you get the new version with the same cache?

Also I am rather curious do you guys think I can top 11k when I get 2 gigs in there?

Back
Top Bottom