help quick please

Is everything else seated properly? Are all power connectors connected properly (including graphics card if it has one)?

yes, everything is seated, im on it now and it works fine, ive even just played fsx at max settings and its been fine, just this annoying beep if i plug in the sound cable.

Have you checked where your CPU fan is plugged in? You sometimes get a beep for that. Is there anything on the BIOS screen when it starts up?

the bios shows everything that is connected, in device manager, everything connected is also shown, would it beep if the font leds were the wrong way round? although they also all work fine. shall i try ram test, is it possible to run it from a usb stick?

the bios shows everything that is connected, in device manager, everything connected is also shown, would it beep if the font leds were the wrong way round? although they also all work fine. shall i try ram test, is it possible to run it from a usb stick?
Have you checked the CPU fan is connected to the correct part on the mobo? Are there any errors at bootup (they are normally at the bottom of the screen)? The LEDs wouldnt cause that. If it was RAM you would be getting different errors, and you say its working fine on the OS.

yes, cpu fan is connected to cpu fan socket, taht works fine, the os works fine and isnt unstable as i have run fsx. i have no idea at all.

Only other thing i can think of at the moment is a stuck key on your keyboard.
EDIT
Also check settings in the BIOS for fan speeds and see if any of your fans are running slower than the alarms are set for.

Back
Top Bottom