Vista problems

Steemax

Daemon Poster
Ok so I just installed Vista Ultimate on my laptop THAT has a "Vista capable" sticker on it (i so laugh at that ) anyways... Right now im using the windows xp drivers because they work flawlesssly BUT they are nto allowing me to run aero or the see through bars.. when i get the Vista version of the drivers.. every game glitches out , and when i ctrl alt delete there are black lines going up and down the scree.. basicly its completly screwing up.. but only on the desktop its ok.. now is it because the new drivers suck or is there some setting or is there a special way of installing these new drivers..

Have you ran the windows update? That sorted out all my driver issues in Vista. Also, what are the exact specs of the laptop?

Nope havent ran the Vista updates yet but done the windows one because i used the upgrade feature instead of a fresh reformat... Specs:

Centrino Duo 1.66ghz
1gb DDR2 pc2 4200 About to order 2gb tonight...
128MB integrated Video card
100Gb 5400RPM Hitachi HDD
17" wide screen (if that has anything to do with anything)
and I believe thats it...
oh its a Toshiba S6024

wierd because before i got vista I ran that comptability program form microsoft and everthing passed... oh and windows update did find a fix/patch for my video card, it downloaded it but when i tried installing it gave me Error "80070103" man im starting to hate microsoft..

I think i found the right drivers.. instead of going to intel i went to the manufacture website toshiba and got the display drivers from them for vista. and I checked the versions and they are completly different versions then the one from intel.. hopefully this one works !!

I think i found the right drivers.. instead of going to intel i went to the manufacture website toshiba and got the display drivers from them for vista. and I checked the versions and they are completly different versions then the one from intel.. hopefully this one works !!

crap double post

I was gonna post them for you before, but i figured that they where the ones you had tried lol:)

Back
Top Bottom