Help Required

Jaymo

Baseband Member
Ok thanks to some of the guys on this forum I have already got my own rig planned and paid for (just waiting on the parts).

Now I'm trying to help my younger brother who is also an avid gamer. He currently has a very nasty old pc :D Its roughly 6 or 7 years old i think. Running on a Pentium 2 or 3 not sure of all the specs just yet.

Anyway to the point he has a budge of £350-£400. I'm guessing he will need a new mobo, processor, gfx and ram.

I'm just wondering if it is worth upgrading this current tower, or starting with a fairly cheap/decent tower and starting from scratch. so any input to what I could recommend he put his budget into? Oh and thanks for the help with my rig guys.....awesome forums!

start from scratch.
The only part I would use from the old one is the case. I doubt it has a dvd drive, but if it does then that could be used too. And the hdd of course if it's big enough, but it's probably worth it to buy a new hdd since they are cheap nowadays.

i'd definitely get a new PC from scratch. I got my new PC just yesterday. lol. My old computer was much much worse than your current one.

yh start from scrath your lookin at a pretty good pc for £400 quid like a.

e6320 with 2GB 800Mhz RAM and a 7600GT 160Gb hardrive DVD RW case and PSU easily

Back
Top Bottom