I'm gonna kill someone (not literaly)

Bought my notebook from Best Buy and they did try to get me to buy extra stuff, and were persistent about it. They wanted me to buy both a 3 year warranty (for $300 something) and the antivirus thing (don't remember the price). Luckily I had enough money only to pay for most of the notebook (my mom payed the rest and I payed her back) and no money to buy anything else, so they didn't bother me any further.

Cause if you inhale it you can get high off it.

yes i know it works too...

and no i didn't do it. i know someone that did.

I usually buy my compressed air from Costco. They don't card you.

I guess if you look underage then they'll ask. It's just a precaution because some do use those cans for getting high. Not good for your health at all.

Bought my notebook from Best Buy and they did try to get me to buy extra stuff, and were persistent about it. They wanted me to buy both a 3 year warranty (for $300 something) and the antivirus thing (don't remember the price). Luckily I had enough money only to pay for most of the notebook (my mom payed the rest and I payed her back) and no money to buy anything else, so they didn't bother me any further.

THATS exactly what happened to me. They just wanna take your money!! the software still sucks compared to allthe good/free ones lol

'As for best buy, doesn't surprise me one bit. These are the same people that say Norton antivirus is the best product out there (no lie, they tried to sell it to me when I bought my vista upgrade from there)'

OMG I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU

when i was buying a new laptop (hp pavilion dv5000) like last year, they asked me , wait...they didnt ask. THey FORCED me to buy norton antivirus and this spysweeper crap. I was like i have a better one on a cd which was avast antivirus and ad aware, both jks programs. They told me that norton antivirus was better. I was like nope, how can something be better if it costs 70$ more? And they said that this "Avast" I was talking about was garbage! (notice the quotation marks) I watch Tech TV and they said that it was actually better than norton, not because it was FREEEE, but also because it was just better software. The guy then told me that when I go on the internet I absolutely NEED norton antivirus. I told him that i dont NEEEd to go on the internet because I can just put my cd with avast and ad aware in my comp and get it from there. The guy didnt stop. We had this conversation for an hour and I got so pissed that I said FINE, Ill buy this crap so that I can finally go home.

They honestly wont allow you to buy a computer without forcing you to buy norton and spysweeper. LIKE OMG
I would NEVER put up with that. I would simply say "either sell me the computer now or i walk. I dont want f$&%$%g norton":)

I would NEVER put up with that. I would simply say "either sell me the computer now or i walk. I dont want f$&%$%g norton":)

I've had people push me when I try to buy stuff, like with the laser printer I bought. I basically told them sell me the printer how I want it or I take my money elsewhere. They sold me the printer the way I wanted it, but because of their pushy attitude I won't be shopping at office depot again. I also can't stand when places like best buy ask me if I want an extended warranty and it's a few hundred dollars extra. I'll never use the warranty, I've never used them before.

I bought a $100 printer and Staples Business Depot tried to push me into getting a three year extended warranty for another $250. Hah.

Well it's okay if they just mention it, but I hate it when they try to push you into it and start trying to convince you. Gets annoying.

I've had people push me when I try to buy stuff, like with the laser printer I bought. I basically told them sell me the printer how I want it or I take my money elsewhere. They sold me the printer the way I wanted it, but because of their pushy attitude I won't be shopping at office depot again. I also can't stand when places like best buy ask me if I want an extended warranty and it's a few hundred dollars extra. I'll never use the warranty, I've never used them before.
I dont mind them mentioning the extras like here we offer an extended service plan or here we also offer Norton but once they have mentioned it once and i have said no i don't expect them to keep mentioning it
Once i was buying a printer as well and they tried pushing the extra service plan so i simply said if i wanted the service plan i would have asked wouldn't i and the shop attendent said yeah but we are making you aware of it , i said well i was aware of it the first time you mentioned it , you dont need to tell me 50bloody times do you and he soon shut the fcuk up and sold me the printer

Back
Top Bottom