The difficulties in switching to a mac and are the benefits worth it?

Well, I guess for a user that isn't spoiled and used to fast processors (like me), they are fine.

It is just that the experience that I had with iBooks was not good. We had them in school, and on days that I forgot my lap top I had to use them, and it wasn't a great change. For example, the onboard graphics were horrible, processing of even the most basic programs was slow as hell and finding a file took me 5 minutes.

I guess to each his own.

I think ATI makes Mac-specific GPU's. I saw a 9250 and X1-something for Macs.

well i just hate mac. the commercials r funny but its just a bunch of Bull.
MAC is just a person that likes alot of fun stuff but if ur into computers and love gaming stick to the PC.

And plus i think the mac computers r all in the moniters now which is weird
Who wants a computer with one cd-rw drive and cant get another one to add to it =(

Well in my opinion burn all mac computers =]

Well, I am not saying that at all. The high-end Macs are quite nice for... uh... garage band....

No but seriously, for a user that only needs entertainment and doesn't want to do a lot to up his computer's performance, mac hits the sweet spot. However, if you like to push your stuff to the max and always be on the cutting edge, PC is the way to go.

get vista
its very easy to use
and i have it
havnt had any probs that i didnt get with xp
if your good with programing linux is a nice choice to

Well buddy let me go ahead and advise you of this. Apple is financially struggling, yet again. The first major time this happened Microsoft bailed them out and now Microsoft owns a large portion of Apple.

Well Apple got in the situation again and the ipod saved them. Guess what, They are there yet again. If the iphone does not turn a major profit within 30 days Apple is in Major trouble. Yes they are great machines for Production Enviornments (Graphics, Video, Web, and Application, and Audio design). Other than that I personally wouldn't buy one. Especially untill they get their financial situation straight.

Why does it matter what their financial situation is? As I see it, it is better to wait for them to go into fiscal crisis, because then they will start slashing prices like crazy and their products will be really cheap.

If what you foretell is indeed happening, then I will be the first one in line for a $100 iPhone, but I highly doubt that.

20060513.jpg

Well, I think that expresses what I think about Macs. You can get a windows computer to do anything a Mac can, but not the other way around without dual booting.

Back to topic a bit, I tried messing around on a Mac about a week ago, it was hard to say the least, I'm not used to anything, and don't think I want to try getting used to it. Does FF work on Mac?

Back
Top Bottom