building a new pc need some opinions

$1300.00 this is what i got so far, Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3250620AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive, ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard, EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card, Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails, CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADX6000CZBOX, ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler, and i already have a case and keyboard mouse and crap im at about $1,286.00 with this stuff

Thats a pretty awesome PC man! Now my PC is like a gameboy compared 2 yours! Nice! and is the $1300 in US? Cause thats pretty cheap

yes its in us off of newegg Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 $69.99, ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $104.99, EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail $559.99, Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply with Three 12V Rails - Retail $129.99, CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400 - Retail $113.00, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADX6000CZBOX - Retail$222.99, ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler - Retail $69.99

Because of the video card alone, I would recommend nothing less than 550 watts of juice. I'm not the greatest at picking out PSU's so I'll let someone else recommend a good one.

I Do have to backup Muz here. If Spooky isn't gaming that AMD might be the better run here. If I remember the benchmarks correctly most of the time AMD beat the core 2 equivalent was in office-like tasks.

I to am in the same boat, ready to build but dont know what..

CPU: Intel E6700 Core 2 Duo
MB: GA-965P-DS3P
HDD: Seagate 320GB SATAII
RAM: 2GB Corsair TWIN2X2048 6400
Video: Geforce 8800GTS 320MB
Housing: Antec 500W EarthWatts ATX

Its going to be used for gaming but dont know whether AMD or Intel. Ive heard that AMD is suited better with motherboards and nvidia chip sets, that theres more compatability with the nvidia graphics cards and cpu's when updating divers etc..

Is this true.. I mean what makes a better gaming computer between the two? or is it like picking between apples and oranges?

ok 3 out 500, now tell me this if you had the given amount of money would you buy the e6600 or the x6000?

of course there are exceptions to everything, but ill say it again, core 2 duo kicks amd's ass in EVERYTHING. (i just said this to annoy you), but honestly would you take the 6000+ over the e6600 just because of those benchmarks, AND, i cant see the benchmarks, did you consider how much you can over clock the e6600, now consider how much you can overclock the 6000+.....thats right sounds like you're having words for dinner...suckah!

'nuff said

all should be warned trying to defend amd in such times, its not worth it.
whoopsy daisy silly me i just threw yeet another benchmark in where the core 2 duo gets beat oh no whata silly shame would that be 4out of 500 ,you obviously cant say the core 2 duo beats amd in everything cos as i have shown the AMD is beating it in some tasks
of course the core 2 duo is more overclockable but guess whart not everyone over clocks
And tbh you might think i am an AMD fanboy here but i dont care cos i cant be , how can i when all the machines i own are intel based i am just sick of people feeding bullshit info to people like yeah the core 2 duo is absolutely killing the amd in everything , erm no its not actually as theese benchmarks have shown , and prolly a few more will show
And i might get a core 2 duo or an AMD , tbh at the moment both are capable of running most games on the market at high and prolly will be for a while to come

And one place where AMD are making a kiling is in the budget area because for just under £45 i can get an athlon x2 3600+ and guess what , the only intel processor you can buy for that much is a Pentium 4 which is a bit more as well and i dont have to tell you that a Pentium 4 is nothing compared to this , the 3600+ is also highly overclockable and one person here got theirs to 2.7ghz now for a sub£45 processor that aint bad let me tell you
432-694-181.png

I to am in the same boat, ready to build but dont know what..

CPU: Intel E6700 Core 2 Duo
MB: GA-965P-DS3P
HDD: Seagate 320GB SATAII
RAM: 2GB Corsair TWIN2X2048 6400
Video: Geforce 8800GTS 320MB
Housing: Antec 500W EarthWatts ATX

Its going to be used for gaming but dont know whether AMD or Intel. Ive heard that AMD is suited better with motherboards and nvidia chip sets, that theres more compatability with the nvidia graphics cards and cpu's when updating divers etc..

Is this true.. I mean what makes a better gaming computer between the two? or is it like picking between apples and oranges?

well tbh that build there is a very capable machine and will play most if not all the current games and future games at high settings ,
the one thing that looks a little small to me is the psu

whoopsy daisy silly me i just threw yeet another benchmark in where the core 2 duo gets beat oh no whata silly shame would that be 4out of 500 ,you obviously cant say the core 2 duo beats amd in everything cos as i have shown the AMD is beating it in some tasks
of course the core 2 duo is more overclockable but guess whart not everyone over clocks
And tbh you might think i am an AMD fanboy here but i dont care cos i cant be , how can i when all the machines i own are intel based i am just sick of people feeding bullshit info to people like yeah the core 2 duo is absolutely killing the amd in everything , erm no its not actually as theese benchmarks have shown , and prolly a few more will show
And i might get a core 2 duo or an AMD , tbh at the moment both are capable of running most games on the market at high and prolly will be for a while to come

And one place where AMD are making a kiling is in the budget area because for just under £45 i can get an athlon x2 3600+ and guess what , the only intel processor you can buy for that much is a Pentium 4 which is a bit more as well and i dont have to tell you that a Pentium 4 is nothing compared to this , the 3600+ is also highly overclockable and one person here got theirs to 2.7ghz now for a sub£45 processor that aint bad let me tell you
432-694-181.png
well he didnt say whether he will over clock or not, so then an e6600 can be overclocked to 3.7 ghz, take your 2.7 ghz and shove it up your am2.

AND since you keep on posting benchmarks (that no one can see) let me point out that the pentium d is better than the athlon 64 x2 at some things as well, but you wouldnt purchase a pentium d instead of the athlon would you?

and he's getting a 8800gtx...do you THINK he WONT be gamin????

so get an allendale cpu if you are really crunched for budget, and then overclock it to beat even the highend core 2 duos (at stock).

p.s.: maybe you should get an amd pc though, because apparently the one thing intel pcs arent good at is posting pictures of benchmarks.

^that was a joke, so you may want to take your 3600+ overclocking out of your am2 before you read it.

well he didnt say whether he will over clock or not, so then an e6600 can be overclocked to 3.7 ghz, take your 2.7 ghz and shove it up your am2.

AND since you keep on posting benchmarks (that no one can see) let me point out that the pentium d is better than the athlon 64 x2 at some things as well, but you wouldnt purchase a pentium d instead of the athlon would you?

and he's getting a 8800gtx...do you THINK he WONT be gamin????

so get an allendale cpu if you are really crunched for budget, and then overclock it to beat even the highend core 2 duos (at stock).

p.s.: maybe you should get an amd pc though, because apparently the one thing intel pcs arent good at is posting pictures of benchmarks.

^that was a joke, so you may want to take your 3600+ overclocking out of your am2 before you read it.

well my only problem with the pentium D against AMD athlon x2 thing is that for the cheapeest price of a athlon x2 3600 the only thing i can get is a pentium 4 with only one core therefore something would tell me that the amd athlon x2 3600 would be better than a pentium 4 for my money ,but maybe i am missing something here
obviously that would be a real budget machine but nevertheless a dual core CPU for £45 is real bargin
heres one for you , i want a cpu mobo and ram for £100 dual core and 1gb ram, recommend me the intel core 2 duo parts i can get for that much , of course it aint possible is it no well then , the truth is if you are on an intense budget build AMD dual core is your best and pretty much only option , i here the pentium dual cores are coming out to fill the price gap between the pentium 4's and pentium d's but still wont be sub £45 , another thing as well intel has stop producing the pentium D's and so making them yesterdays technology whereas the athlon 64x2 is still in production

Obviously if you have a higher budget then sure get a core 2 duo , and i am not saying the AMD's are in any way better than the core 2 duos in fact i said the core 2 duo was arguable better , arguably cos in some benchmarks ,(that nobody can see anymore) the amd cpus where beating their equivalent core 2 duos obviously if he had said core 2 duo e6700 i wouldnt have said an amd cpu was arguable better because that there is no athlon x2 out there equally priced to that
but in gaming a core 2 duo would perform better but only maginaly better and i doubt you would be able to tell the difference between playing a game with the two following machines unless you used a fps meter as both are powerful enough to play most if not all todays games at high settings
1)
intel core 2 duo e6600 with mobo
2gigs ddr2 800mhz ram
raptor 150gb
8800gtx 640mb
2)
amd athlon x2 6000+ and mobo
2 gigs ddr2 800mhz
raptor 150gb
8800gtx 640mb

Of course there are plenty of non gaming ways to use an 8800gtx such as rendering large 3d models in programs such as 3d studio max , photo shop rendering

And it is such a shame in a serious discussion/debate about something you have had to revert to childish jokes about how nobody can see the benchmarks , this just proves that you cant argue my points but instead ridicule my posts to defend yourself

Back
Top Bottom