Cards for under 18

My bank won't let me get a checking account till I'm 18. I would love to have a debt card so I wouldn't need to worry about cashing checks (and so newegg purchases could be done in my name, not my mom's) But what can you do?

Find another bank that will let you... My bank made me get it under both mine and my mom's name since I'm under 18, but my mom won't be using it.

Well...lots of my buddies have their own credit cards. I have one myself and I'm 13. lol. Why cant you just sign one up from your credit service?

mines all in my name and im under 18. i dont see why you cant get one. a debit card atleast

your 13 and have a credit card??? are you sure it isn't a debit card??? I think you HAVE to be 18 to get a credit card.If you have a checking account with a parent/gurdian on the account with you you get a debit card.i got both a debit and a credit card and i coulden't get my credit card untill i turned 18!

Find another bank that will let you... My bank made me get it under both mine and my mom's name since I'm under 18, but my mom won't be using it.

Since I'm under 18 I would need my parents to help me sign up for it, but they aren't for going to another bank, so I'm SOL

Why cant you just sign one up from your credit service?

Because credit services like to charge to minors for interest, and all the fairly lenient ones require you to be 18. Last thing I want is heaps of credit card debt before I go to college. Debt cards would be nice since I wouldn't be able to spend what I don't have.

I think he doesn't know the difference between a debit and a credit card...
I know I sure as hell wouldn't trust a 13 year old kid with a credit card.

Heck, I wouldn't even trust myself with a true credit card right now, and I consider myself to be pretty responsible.
Haha, same. It's just not worth the risk to ruin your credit already, something that would affect you the rest of your life...and not in a good way.

I don't want to rack up debt. I want something I can pre-load up myself so I won't spend more than I put in it, but still is accepted wherever VISA/MCARD is accepted...

I haven't heard of chequing (sp?) accounts that are accepted wherever visa or mastercard is either. At least not with my bank.

I haven't heard of chequing (sp?) accounts that are accepted wherever visa or mastercard is either. At least not with my bank.

A checking account comes with a debit card (in most banks). It would be that the debit card is a Visa or Master Card, so that's why it will work wherever Master Card/Visa are accepted. At least I think that's how it works, I'm kinda new to all this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom