Cards for under 18

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
Are there any types of Visa or Mastercards that people under 18 can apply for? Using parents' cards all the time gets annoying, but is there a card you can load up or something that, unlike debit cards, can be accepted wherever VISA or Mastercard is?

My debit card is visa. It's accepted everywhere vista and mastercard is. Just go to your bank or credit union and ask for one. I like mine because it doesn't let me spend money I don't have, therefore no debt. I can also add funds to it if I want to, my parents can also add funds too.

ive just turned 17 and i have a vista electron. works online, in shops, from cashpoint, etc. does me :) its a debit card btw

i believe if you have a checkings account in a bank you can get a card for that. i know in the US you can get them no matter the age.

but visa has a prepaid card that works like a gift card but you can use it everywhere.

i believe if you have a checkings account in a bank you can get a card for that. i know in the US you can get them no matter the age.

I have one through my credit union and it works great. They also gave me a credit card but I'm not allowed to use it yet (parents rules) which I'm fine with since I don't need it, and don't want to rack up any debt.

well i have a solo debit card in theuk and i can use it to pay for services in shops and online so long as the money is physicaly in my bank , no credit offered or anything

I have a Visa Electron too. Has never failed me, though trainlines don't like it. Thats the only type of place I haven't been able to buy online with.

I'm 17 and got a checking account since I got a job and needed some place to put the money. They are supposed to send me a debit card with it and it's a Visa...accepted anywhere Visa is accepted. I'll probably never use it much though. Just save the money and withdraw cash when I need it.

My bank won't let me get a checking account till I'm 18. I would love to have a debt card so I wouldn't need to worry about cashing checks (and so newegg purchases could be done in my name, not my mom's) But what can you do?

Back
Top Bottom