Overclocking your CPU, How to do it easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great information there 99nasha, i would like to know to what extent you think i could overclock mine.

I've got a P4, 2667Mhz | 533Mhz FSB
Intel D845Motherboard
I got 512MB PC2700 333Mhz

I dont think this mobo would allow me to overclock,
do u have any other suggestions?

Thanks mate

wow! Good guide! Well, maybe i'll do a little more research, cause the risk of frying your CPU up...wow! lol. Too much for me 2 handle, cause i dont know much about overclocking.

another tip for those of you who can is to increase your chipset voltage. works wonders specailly for extened stablity. i have my chipset running at 1.74 volts overvolted form 1.550 volts :D still stays cool too

i want to OC my CPU soooo badly now cuz i only have 1.793ghz coming out of it i want maybe 2ghz or maybe even 1.9ghz

If anyone has scoured the earth and found a program that can OC CPUs on an intel Mobo PLZ share

you could just buy an asus mobo which comes with an AI Overclock feature which allows the cpu to have boosted speed only when need (i.e. games, video editing) so that it doesnt eat power or overheat :)

he dosent have a lot of money. i think he is planning a new build soon though. he is a kid like me so money is at a premium

another tip for those of you who can is to increase your chipset voltage. works wonders specailly for extened stablity. i have my chipset running at 1.74 volts overvolted form 1.550 volts :D still stays cool too

this is not always the best choice to overclock...although it does send a clearer signal from the cpu...it is much more dangerous and harmful to your cpu compaired to raising the mhz

when you raise the mhz you have to raise the voltage in order to allow the cpu and other compenents enough power. raising the volts dosent effect performance just temps.

besides my temps are fine on my cpu. they fall below 20c idle :D and never over 38c under full load. ram has heatsinks on them so there fine. and my chipset(single chip) is actively cooled so the temps are lower than others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom