Mini DV

Cess

Beta member
I have a Sony Vaio PCG-9PGL series and a Panasonic Camcorder PV-DV400 Mini DV. I think I have the right plug, the DV Interface IEEE 1394 it plugs into the camera, but it will not fit into any place on the laptop. What is going on? Does this mean that is actually is not a DV Interface IEEE 1394? Do I need an adapter for this plug for it to fit into my laptop? Please advise.
Thank you,
Megan
P.S. I really am new to computers and copying the videos to them, so easy to follow instructions are appreciated!! :)

i also have the panasonic pv-dv400, and you have to get a special firewire cable

with one of these at the end

firewire-4pin-end.jpg

and the other end should look like this

firewire-6pin-end.jpg

Ok, thank you! What I have, I think must not be right. I mean, I have 2 cords, one end of one fits into the camera but not into the laptop (not long enough), the other one fits into the laptop, but not the camera (the camera end is too big). Maybe I should take a picture of them?

Edit-the length of the cord going into the laptop is okay, but the length of the hook up into the laptop itself is the issue. Hope that makes sense??

Ok, thank you! What I have, I think must not be right. I mean, I have 2 cords, one end of one fits into the camera but not into the laptop (not long enough), the other one fits into the laptop, but not the camera (the camera end is too big). Maybe I should take a picture of them?

Edit-the length of the cord going into the laptop is okay, but the length of the hook up into the laptop itself is the issue. Hope that makes sense??

You need to get a 4-pin to 4-pin firewire cable such as this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186005

If I understood what you were saying anyway... That's what I need with my notebook and Canon Elura 100.

Back
Top Bottom