building a new pc need some opinions

Spooky6075

Solid State Member
Hi guys im building a new pc here's my specs what do you guys think? is this a good gaming machine? GIGABYTE GA-M55SLI-S4 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard, EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 Processor, CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), and a 150gb SATA HDD do you guys think this machine will rage microsoft flight sim X on all high graphix?

honestly that processor is just fine , the core 2 duo is arguably better but only marginally and you realy wouldnt notice unless you benchmarked , both are just as capable of running any game on the market right now and prolly for a short while to come
and yeah that will defiantly play them games on high

ok spooky6075, if you dont know how much better the core 2 duo series is than amd's anything, then i take it you havent kept up with cpu news for the past year. i recommend you look at some benchmarks on websites like tomshardware.com and anandtech.com and several others.

no one in the computer industry can deny that intel is crushing amd in everything right now. im not an intel fanboy, in fact i have two amd machines, however benchmarks are benchmarks you cant argue against them.

muz: i couldnt disagree with you more, i mean come on man, you're saying core 2 is "arguably better", well the only thing amd could beat the core 2 duo in is perhaps the packaging. thats something that you would call arguable, hard facts proven over a long time: not an argument.

however spooky6075 you must know that amd has been down and out for about a year now in comparison to intel, but they have been working on the Barcelona series of processors which will come out later this year, it is not entirely clear whether these will beat the core 2 duo processors that are out right now. Intel is also going to be releasing new cpus later this year (45 nm). most think that amd will not stand a chance against either the current or the future intel cpus, but all we know for sure is that if you must buy a computer right now intel is the only way to go.

OK MUZ ur great fer defending AMD

ZAKI the only thing that intel is better at is the mulitasking part of there CPUs AMD are faster when running at most of 2 to 3 programs

Intel u can play WoW and the microsoft flight sim X on low graphics and it would b fine

Go wit the AMD if u are only going to do like 2 to 3 things at once.

OK MUZ ur great fer defending AMD

ZAKI the only thing that intel is better at is the mulitasking part of there CPUs AMD are faster when running at most of 2 to 3 programs

Intel u can play WoW and the microsoft flight sim X on low graphics and it would b fine

Go wit the AMD if u are only going to do like 2 to 3 things at once.

the only logic i see to buying an amd cpu right now is if you plan to use a barcelona on the very same mobo that you would buy right now
OR if your budget is below $180 for the cpu.

ok spooky6075, if you dont know how much better the core 2 duo series is than amd's anything, then i take it you havent kept up with cpu news for the past year. i recommend you look at some benchmarks on websites like tomshardware.com and anandtech.com and several others.

no one in the computer industry can deny that intel is crushing amd in everything right now. im not an intel fanboy, in fact i have two amd machines, however benchmarks are benchmarks you cant argue against them.

muz: i couldnt disagree with you more, i mean come on man, you're saying core 2 is "arguably better", well the only thing amd could beat the core 2 duo in is perhaps the packaging. thats something that you would call arguable, hard facts proven over a long time: not an argument.

however spooky6075 you must know that amd has been down and out for about a year now in comparison to intel, but they have been working on the Barcelona series of processors which will come out later this year, it is not entirely clear whether these will beat the core 2 duo processors that are out right now. Intel is also going to be releasing new cpus later this year (45 nm). most think that amd will not stand a chance against either the current or the future intel cpus, but all we know for sure is that if you must buy a computer right now intel is the only way to go.

ok then care to explain theese benchmarks where in three benchmarks an athlon x2 6000+ out performs the intel core 2 duo e6600 , both are within £10 of each others prices at my comp store so its a fair comparison
and seein as benchmarks be benchmarks an all i think you may be about to eat some words
this shows the core 2 duo does not beat the amd dual cores at every thing out there
also i decided upon toms hardware as you mentioned it
432-694-174.png

432-694-188.png

432-694-173.png

ok then care to explain theese benchmarks where in three benchmarks an athlon x2 6000+ out performs the intel core 2 duo e6600 , both are within £10 of each others prices at my comp store so its a fair comparison
and seein as benchmarks be benchmarks an all i think you may be about to eat some words
this shows the core 2 duo does not beat the amd dual cores at every thing out there
also i decided upon toms hardware as you mentioned it
432-694-174.png

432-694-188.png

432-694-173.png

ok 3 out 500, now tell me this if you had the given amount of money would you buy the e6600 or the x6000?

of course there are exceptions to everything, but ill say it again, core 2 duo kicks amd's ass in EVERYTHING. (i just said this to annoy you), but honestly would you take the 6000+ over the e6600 just because of those benchmarks, AND, i cant see the benchmarks, did you consider how much you can over clock the e6600, now consider how much you can overclock the 6000+.....thats right sounds like you're having words for dinner...suckah!

'nuff said

all should be warned trying to defend amd in such times, its not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom