would you donate a small ammount to keep cf alaive

There are some people here who spell like 1st graders. It makes the forum look bad, I mean for gosh sakes use the spell checker in Firefox! I think some people are just lazy and don't want to present themselves in a decent way. If I came asking for help, I'd take advice from the person who at least knew how to spell decently and put a sentence together as opposed to the person who said "al u hve 2 doo is putt the ram in one uv thu slosts in ur motherbord" I mean come on, that kind of spelling is beyond pathetic. With all the spell checkers and stuff out now, there's NO reason you can't at least spell decently.

oh isn't it ironic that this thread has spelling errors. It should be "would you donate a small amount to keep CF alive?: but instead it reads "would you donate a small ammount to keep cf alaive"
yeah that will be me lol there , soz guys but it was past midnight when i wrote it , i know that aint an excuse but ast least you get the message of what it is saying and i am not putting
wud u donate a sml amt tu kp cf alve
my mistakes are small mistakes , and cheers i never realized ff had a spell checker , all should improve now lol
ok this is a forum and i am sure we all make little spelling or grammer mistakes sometimes , we aren't all perfect are we lol but the people who piss me off are the ones that write in text speak like
hey r u puttin the ram in the mobo the rite way cos i mad this mistak once nd it is ded anoyin innit
that just annoys me
, if people are making an effort small little spelling mistakes are ok like
are you putting the ram in the rite way cos i made that mistake once and it is realy annoying isnt it
the sentence above you can still understand even if your English is poor and inst your first language i don't think we are looking for oxford grade grammar and spelling here otherwise you are in the wrong place
also i don't think it matters too much in the social lounge , just mainly when you are trying to help people

yeah that will be me lol there , soz guys but it was past midnight when i wrote it , i know that aint an excuse but ast least you get the message of what it is saying and i am not putting
wud u donate a sml amt tu kp cf alve
my mistakes are small mistakes , and cheers i never realized ff had a spell checker , all should improve now lol
ok this is a forum and i am sure we all make little spelling or grammer mistakes sometimes , we aren't all perfect are we lol but the people who piss me off are the ones that write in text speak like
hey r u puttin the ram in the mobo the rite way cos i mad this mistak once nd it is ded anoyin innit
that just annoys me
, if people are making an effort small little spelling mistakes are ok like
are you putting the ram in the rite way cos i made that mistake once and it is realy annoying isnt it
the sentence above you can still understand even if your English is poor and inst your first language i don't think we are looking for oxford grade grammar and spelling here otherwise you are in the wrong place
also i don't think it matters too much in the social lounge , just mainly when you are trying to help people
I already said that there is a CF spellchecker where it says "ABC" near where you type your posts.

as for the spelling and grammar errors does anyone really care. no. as long as you can get the message across.

There is a difference between mistakes and no caring at all. You simply don't care, which is why it's getting increasingly frustrating to read posts like that. Now if you had occasional spelling or grammatical errors that would be understandable, but for most people, that's not the case!

Stop typing at the level of a 5 year old and actually start giving a shit about your spelling and grammar. When you get a job, they'll want to hire people who actually have some form of skill when it comes to writing, they're not going to bother hiring someone who has the writing skill of a 3rd grader.

I already said that there is a CF spellchecker where it says "ABC" near where you type your posts.

i never realized that either , thanks for pointing it out but firefox has one built in which is sort of like the Microsoft office system where mistakes have red lines under then

Stop typing at the level of a 5 year old and actually start giving a shit about your spelling and grammar. When you get a job, they want to hire people who actually have some form of skill when it comes to writing, they're not going to bother hiring someone who has the writing skill of a 3rd grader.

You've said it well. No boss wants a job resume or a letter of interest or something saying "hello mye nayme iz troy and ide lyk two wurk fro u and ime a gud tyeper"
Seriously, grow up with the grammar. It's annoying as heck reading stuff that looks like a 5 year old wrote it.

i dunno ,tbh it is kind off off topic but still i dont care anymore cos someone said this has been proposed before and david was against the idea and he hasnt posted in here himself

I am not as you delightfully put a TB, If I had wanted to join a pay site I would have, I joined this forum to get to know people and have discussions on computer technology whether it be needing help, or helping other members, or learning and improving my own knowledge of computers thanks to the support and guidance of other members on the CF forum, so are you now to say that because I would not contribute that I'm a TB hmmm. I don't like the way that poll reads, its disrespectful:mad: This forum is free I'm glad to say, and has helped many people, but would it still encourage new members if it was not, and also why is it necessary? just so you can have a faster log ins and a server without D.B.E I presume?

P.S Ignore what I just said i mist the Lol on the end of the poll, completely took it the wrong way OOPS my sincere apologies

The idea is not to have to donate just to post, the decision is totally up to you, the only difference is that contributing members would get some sort of benefit, such as a title, custom avatar, or image in their signature.

I am not as you delightfully put a TB, If I had wanted to join a pay site I would have, I joined this forum to get to know people and have discussions on computer technology whether it be needing help, or helping other members, or learning and improving my own knowledge of computers thanks to the support and guidance of other members on the CF forum, so are you now to say that because I would not contribute that I'm a TB hmmm. I don't like the way that poll reads, its disrespectful:mad: This forum is free I'm glad to say, and has helped many people, but would it still encourage new members if it was not, and also why is it necessary? just so you can have a faster log ins and a server without D.B.E I presume?

P.S Ignore what I just said i mist the Lol on the end of the poll, completely took it the wrong way OOPS my sincere apologies

yeah i am not saying it will be compulsory to pay , if you dont wanna pay nobody is gonna force you but those who do pay get extra privileges
also i am sorry if i offended anyone by calling them tight fisted , i only meant it as a joke hence the lol and am sure you have valid reasons why not to want to pay as we cant all afford to pay as we have families and such like or dont spend enough time here to benefit from paying

Back
Top Bottom