Sound problem

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
I recently restored windows and it asked me if I could hear music when I booted up. I didn't hear any music so I clicked no now when ever a system sound plays its a beep from my cd drive. I have onboard sound so does anyone know how to fix this?

what you mean by restored windows ? reinstalled or system restore ?

if u installed windows then u would def have to download new drivers for your motherboard (if you have onboard sound) or rivers for your sound card if its seperate ?

you will prob have alot of drivers to install

click start right click my computer

click properties, click the hardware tab,

click device manager and look for anything with a yello ! over it that means its not installed

I reinstalled windows, I got it working though I had to go find the original drivers, I just didn't know what the device was called.

Your drivers will be on your Motherboard disc so look there or goto microsoft update and click scan your pc, it should have one in there under hardware

Also, if you are having difficulties finding the correct audio drivers for your motherboard try driverguide.com I have found them very useful over the years.

couresty of the www.ishift.co.uk team

I went to the emachines website and downloaded the original audio drivers, I'll bookmark that website ishift for incase something happens again.

Back
Top Bottom