Gaming Computer Question

macosti

Beta member
Hi guys, i have a question i dont have the answer too and seeking help.

Im about to build a computer, at the moment these are the spec's:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Mainboard: GA-956PD-S3P
RAM: 1GB Corsair DDRII Ram PC800 x2
HDD: 320GB Seagate SATA II 7200rpm
Graphic Card: Geforce 8800GTS 320
Case: ANTEC Nine Hundred Gaming Case
Monitor: 20" BenQ LCD

The thing is though i dont know whether to go with intel or AMD. Reason being for compatability between the motherboard along with intel CPU's and nvidia graphics cards.
I have heard that AMD is better matched with nvidia chip sets when you need to update drivers, is this true?? and that gigabite motherboards dont last long??

Can someone please help me??

Hey yes all and all amd is better if u want a gaming pc.cause its build for the extreme gamer.dont know about the drivers though.but will ask my nephew.he has a amd and its great for gaming but the only negative thing that he has said so far is that the sockets tend to move in and of the market fast. He bought his amd cpu last year and when he wanted to upgrade this year he couldn't'.where i upgraded with ease. I have a pentium 4.but like i said amd just fits better with nividia ect'.

Hey yes all and all amd is better if u want a gaming pc.cause its build for the extreme gamer.dont know about the drivers though.but will ask my nephew.he has a amd and its great for gaming but the only negative thing that he has said so far is that the sockets tend to move in and of the market fast. He bought his amd cpu last year and when he wanted to upgrade this year he couldn't'.where i upgraded with ease. I have a pentium 4.but like i said amd just fits better with nividia ect'.

Actually the Core 2 Duo's outclass anything in their price range at the moment, so they would be a better choice for gaming. Plus the one he selected(the E6700) is a high end Core 2 Duo.

yeah def stay with the C2D dont want to think bout AMD at these times

i dont think there is any problems with Nvidia and Intel ?? there has been problems with ATI chipsets and Nvidia card but not nvidia chipset with nvidiaa card and intel never heard of that

But doesn't amd also have duel core cpu's out?me my myself doesn't like amd but my nephew stands by them. But u decide

yh AMD have their own line of dual core cpu's out but they are similar technology to the Penitum D's they are also dual core but the C2D's are just way ahead of anything else right now

yh AMD have their own line of dual core cpu's out but they are similar technology to the Penitum D's they are also dual core but the C2D's are just way ahead of anything else right now
What are you going on about? The high end AMD's are almost if not just as good as the high end Core 2 Duos.

id have to disagree the AMD are just not as good as any C2D i have seen in performance i mean you can bring up all the facts and what ever you want but at the end of the day when 1 of my mates has an anthlon X2 6000+ with 2 GB RAM and my other mate has a C2D e6320 with similar specs and the C2D is just so much better for less

What are you going on about? The high end AMD's are almost if not just as good as the high end Core 2 Duos.

well the e6600 pretty much owns ANY amd processor.

And I see one BIG problem in your build. Since it's for gaming, you will want 2gb of ram. If you can't spend more money then get a e6600 and use the $100 you save to buy the ram.

well the e6600 pretty much owns ANY amd processor.

And I see one BIG problem in your build. Since it's for gaming, you will want 2gb of ram. If you can't spend more money then get a e6600 and use the $100 you save to buy the ram.
Not really, the Athlon X2 6000+ is almost as good as the stock E6600 for a lot cheaper. I'm just sick of some people on here being like "CoR3 2 dU0 pWnz AMd NO m@tt3r waT!!!11!!!111"

But I'd say stick with Intel for now really. And I think you're thinking of AMD and ATI that go together since AMD bought out ATI.

Back
Top Bottom