Serious Issue

BF2player

BSOD
Ok, well I installed vista(upgrade from win xp pro) on my computer. Probably a bad idea from the start, but I wanted to try it out. Anyway, It installed fine and then uninstalled itself and said that it didn't have enough space to install? WTF? I check the disk defragmenter, and there was plenty of space. What I don't understand is why it would say that and then uninstall itself. Well, the main problem is that the computer will not boot because it tries to boot into vista and it looks for boot.ini and it is not there. I can't boot into my other partition (windows xp) for some reason. Yes, I have a dual boot machine. I can't boot into safe mode, dos, or anything else because apparently I don't have that. I checked the bios... nope, not a damn thing. I then tried to boot from my windows xp cd and apparently it isn't a bootable copy. The boot order is correct and I even tell it boot from cd. It just tries to read it and then continues on to restart. I must have set the backup windows xp disc speed to max accidently and it won't boot. I broke the original disc. I do not have another computer to create a bootable cd and most computers I try to use (library, college, etc) do not have cd burners, so I'm sorta screwed. I thought about buying one of the Ultimate boot disc off ebay, but I'm not sure that would really help me. Does anyone know what to do or have a bootable Win Xp CD I could buy?

EDIT: I do not have a workable floppy drive either to use boot discettes and do not know how to set it up right so that it functions properly.

you can boot from a usb flash drive you can just borrow a room mates(im asuming you live at the college) and put xp on there it should only be 450 some mbs so it should fit on most. unless your motherboard is fairly old this should do.

When you say that your XP CD isnt bootable, and it tries to read it then carries on.Are you pressing a key to make it read the disc, otherwise it will just carry on without booting from it. Is it an original? All XP discs are bootable.

If its dual boot and your having trouble booting from XP, then you just need to boot from your CD (hopefully the above stuff will solve that). Then you need to goto recovery console and type FIXBOOT and FIXMBR and they will sort it out hopefully.

How much space did you have for your vista partition?

i know you said that you dont have acces to another computer with a writer but TBH i dont see a way out without it.

get on another computer download ubuntu live and find a boot manager to and try to restore your original boot.ini

or if that dont work you may HAVE to get hold of an xp disk boot into recovery consoole and fix the boot manager. then once your into xp you will need another boot manager to restore the vista boot manager and then once your in vista you will need easy BCD to put xp on the map again lol.

Back
Top Bottom