ManHunt 2 banned

If it's banned, you can buy it from the US off eBay. Then again, if the region code is different it might not play on a European PS2...

North American games run on NTSC TV sets while Europe runs on PAL. There might be region coding too.

i heard this. its the stupidest ive ever heard. people become murderers, drug addicts and all that stuff because of bad parenting, where they live, and general retardation, not because of video games. ive played manhunt 1. i just thought it was funny.

Well the main problem is that with the Wii, you're not just pushing buttons to execute actions on screen. You actually go through the motions of decapitating people or whatnot. That's what concerns the ESRB.

North American games run on NTSC TV sets while Europe runs on PAL. There might be region coding too.

Well the main problem is that with the Wii, you're not just pushing buttons to execute actions on screen. You actually go through the motions of decapitating people or whatnot. That's what concerns the ESRB.
Exactly right in both points. The NTSC vs PAL is why you would probably need a modchip.

yea i can kind of see why the wii one should be banned, they have a good argument, but i still think an 18 would suffice

I agree with dude_se, The more horrible that they are making it sound the more people will illegally buy it from different places.

It my eye's it's a game it's the stupid fools that take it seriously and personal. I hate those type of people.

its the stupid government and all those rich buggers who think they know what is best for us youngsters. i mean sometimes they get it right, but they make a lot of mistakes, which is why we usually rebel, hence illegal downloads

yeah i can see why the wii one has been banned cos it is almost a killing simulator then which is just teaching people to kill but i mean come on , its only people that are fucked up in the first place either personal problems or bad parents that see something in a video game and apply it to real life ,That is also bad parenting as if i had a child and they did that once it would be no more video games for them until they where old enough to buy them themselves and take legal responsability themselves .but i can guess that the kids that copy what they see in games have parents who just cant be arsed and go here little johnny go to your room and get out of my sight , or the parents who dont even know what there children are buying/playing on , my parents always wanna know about a game that is 18 before they buy it for me and they know i wouldnt copy what i see in a video game

i have always said if manhunt is so bad then why are games like need for speed still acceptable , in need for speed you partake in illegal street racing ,and if a youngster plays that so much they then go out get in their car and think oh wow this is need for speed and start driving like they are in the game , loose control mount the pavement and mow someone down , and yet thats ok as far as the government is concerned
as far as i am concerned you cant have one rule for one kind of illegal action and another for another .

Also its just some 50 odd year old guy who just made a decision about a game and he only made the decision cos manhunt was banned after some kid supposedly was made to kill someone by the game , i am sorry but games dont kill people , people with problems do

more concerning issues in england today should be about the rise of honour killings in the muslin comunity but the government are too scared to tackle this as they are all politically correct and obviously it would be racist to tackle the rise in honour killings

yea i can kind of see why the wii one should be banned, they have a good argument, but i still think an 18 would suffice

In terms of retailing, there is a big difference between Mature rated games and AO rated games. Mature is still sold almost anywhere, they just check for an ID or if your guardian is with you during the time of purchase (along with parental consent).

Adults Only places a lot more restrictions on the game. Most major retailers will not carry the game, and purchase is highly scrutinized to make sure you're old enough to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom