least resource using IMing program

Trillian is really buggy. I loved it, 'til my windows went pitch black halfway through any and every conversation. I tried Miranda IM. I think that takes less resources than most.

http://www.miranda-im.org/

Give it a try.

I was recently on a search for a multi-protocol IMing client, and they all gave me some type of problem. Pidgin is probably your best bet, although your font will come out bigger on your buddy's end. That always bugged me with gaim/Pidgin. I had to make my font extra small so my friends would see it normally.

Trillian isn't bad for a multi-protocol IM client, but if you're only going to use AIM, just stick with AIM 6 since both use equally the same amount of resources. Pidgin (formerly known as Gaim) and Miranda IM are both very good multi-protocol IM clients that are lightweight at the same time.

I just use AIM 6. Might be a bit bloated compared to others, but it does the job and it's never failed me.

EDIT>>> You could also try Meebo. It's a in-browser multi-protocol IM client but works very well. I'll even admit that it works better than AIM Express in terms of features and user experience. It's good for chatting when you're at the library or at school since it's all in-browser, so no installation is necessary.

AIM was unstable on my PC too sometimes... Triton or whatever it's called, I haven't used it for a while. Pidgin rocks. :p

Back
Top Bottom