Boot up Problems!!

jalo215

Solid State Member
I have a DELL INSPIRON LAPTOP , running WINDOWS XP PRO SP2. Just recently I turned on the machine ,when it started to boot up and then it just frooze. My wallpaper comes up , I see some icons , but it does not complete boot up process. I can move the mouse around and I see the hour glass. And I have left it running for a while it see if it was just taking longer then usuall but nothing.

ANY IDEAS !!! HELP

Does the computer boot into safe mode?

If it does, in the run box in any account with admin privileges type "Msconfig" without the quotes and disabled anything unnesisary from starting up.

yh ^^^ that and alos try booting into safe mode if you can and run anti virus anti spyware and everything security thing you have

my mates computer did that but his was a desktop so i just nicked his hardrive took it home plugged it into mine as an extra drive and ran every security software i had my symantec anti virus alone removeed over 300 viruses spyware etc and then i put it bak in his comp and it worked.

im nto sayin u got that many viruses but it was a virus for sure that caused his prob so maybe its a virus that causing yours ?

Back
Top Bottom