Vista vs XP

Jaymo

Baseband Member
OK im just wondering, since i've planned to build a new rig and all. I'm wondering if it is worth upgrading from xp to vista. So far i have heard nothing good being said about vista just things like "its microsofts attempt at a mac etc".

Is there any good comparision reviews out there?

vista is a great platforum
with just as many problems as any other os
deff go for vista
a lot of the drivers have bin worked out
pluse as long as u have a desent rig (dual core and 2 g ram)
vista is a lot faster then xp
pluse have u seen dirx x ten?
if not look up in google images crysis

Vista takes up more resources obviously but I find it runs a little smoother too on my new laptop than XP did on my old computer. Then again I have 1GB of RAM and a dual core 1.6GHz processor compared to 512MB and a single core 1.7GHz processor before.

music addict u should if u can add a little more ram
it makes vista run a lot faster and smoother and
your other programs all around

I have both XP and Vista and I like XP much better than Vista. XP is much easier to use IMO and a lot of older programs work on XP that won't work on Vista.

I love vista for its looks, and right now, lots of the new softwares or games have vista as a system requirement.

I prefer vista. It's more stable, yes it does use more RAM but I find that it uses it more wisely than with XP. I haven't had a single program crash or anything like that, and I also notice that it seems to start up a little bit quicker than when I had XP on my machine. XP is good if you plan on playing a lot of older games, but you could always dual boot if you wanted. I think Vista is the best OS microsoft has made, no way I'll go back to XP.

After my XP disappeared on me, don't ask, i went to Vista seeing as in near future in my opinion many new games will be only be able to be play on vista and that many useful programs will need Vista. From the week or so i have used it, some programs aren't usable. But most are. I have only two...three programs max not be usable. Yes, XP has little to no problems when it comes to compatibility and the such, as of right now. But as more games and programs come out, they will require Vista and you will be stuck with your copy of Xp that you spent X bucks on that could of bought Vista.

Yes, when it comes to games, hardware, programs and the such, some encounter problems with Vista. But with the numerous Vista users out there who write on forums like this one, who have spent the vigorous hours fixing these problems, you don't have to. Simply search forums or google problems, and most if not almost all of them will have instructions to fix them. But most of them just require new drivers.

So in the end, if something doesn't work, yes you may have to do a little work to fix it. But in the end and the future, you will be glad to have Vista on your rig.

Back
Top Bottom