Very Angry, Gonna Throw This Comp Away!!!!!!!!

itzdylan24

In Runtime
someone plz help me im fixing to throw this computer away!

It keeps restarting! i dont know why, when i play cs and i change maps, while i dl the map it restarts, on any game this happens sc, ryl, gb, etc... plz help

i thought it was a virus, but i did a full virus scan, found some minor problems but that wasnt it,

so i just know thought that it was the processor that was overheating, it has a big heat sink and a fan next to it, so i just put another small fan in there if thats the problem

HELP!!!!!! :mad:

I would say yes it is most likely the processor overheating or maybe graphical issue. But ye definitely sounds like there an issue with ur processor is everything plugged in correctly, Thermal compound Under heatsink all there etc..

Plus what are your specs need more info :)

have you checked your graphics card aswell, or a program conflict ion, drivers like someone said, try updating your computer from Microsoft to see if there is an update that might fix a bug. back to the over heating, have you checked you CPU heat sink to see if has dust particles on the panels, this is a common problem when computers overheat and can easily be overlooked, take the CPU fan off then clean out the panels with a small paint brush or Hoover between them carefully making sure your don't touch (scratch)any surrounding parts, if this doesn't ix the problem, then you might have to remove some programs till it starts becoming stable, write down each process you do so you can pick up on any conflictions that may have occurred, if all else fails or you want quick option then reformat your drive putting software and games on a little bit at a time to see if i runs OK.

dell optiplex gx260
1.8 ghz p4
40gb now 16gb
768 ram 512+256
nvidia video card fx5200 i knwo its acient
soundblaster

i know im frogetting stuff tell me wat else you need

It shouldn't be overheating unless you're running CS on the max settings. I run CS:S on max settings and I'm using a crappy eMachine comp. Try to close some applications running in the background and try it again.

psu?
and yes i do close all the programs, i do it everytime i turn on the comp, like some virus removers, quicktime etc.

Power Supply, you can open up your case and look at the big box at the top and it should have some number with a W for watts like 350W, 400W, 500W etc.

WOOT! I finally found someone that has a computer like me and i even have the same vid card - and i just resintly had some fan trobles - i would see if ur computer is over heating by downloading SPEEDFAN from Download.com
before i noticed that my cpu fan was unpluged from my mobo my computer was around 58c for local remote was 90 and my HD was 57 i then Pluged on my cpu and tada Temp Droped like 25Cs my comp restarted alot so i would download it =)

Back
Top Bottom