Dell

Xx-Legend-xX

In Runtime
Hi,

I am getting a new PC. Well...I really want a good computer, but my dad says that he could buy any computer for me, but I must tell him a good reason why. These are my two options:

Dell Dimension 9200. http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_9200?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1 $999

Dell Dimension C521. http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_c521?c=ca&l=en&s=bsd&cs=cabsdt1 $699

I REALLY want the dell dimension 9200, but *cough*for some games*cough*. But I dont think my dad (like all "caring" parents) will agree to buy me a expensive computer for gaming. So can anyone give me some ideas and excuses?

Thanks,
Xx-Legend-xX

umm im sure ill be the first of many to say PLEASE DONT BUY A DELL lol do you have knoledge of building ?

well even if you dont goto a website that will custom build your own pc just dont buy dell honestly you will regret it

i bought a dell i dont regret it , if you spend a lot of money on a dell the systems are great , if you get a cheap ass budget noe they put cheap ass mobos in to get them out as cheap as pos , if you can build tho do build it will be cheaper and more rewarding experience
also you can get tech support at places like here easier cos you know what you have under the hood but its too late tryin to identify parts when it aint posting ,

anyway as for convincing parents , try telling them it is more future proof , tell them the intel system performs better and is more reliable ,
how muchdo they know about tech , i got lucky ihave clueless parents so i can spin any line i want and they will believe it
if they arent too clued up, say things like the amds have seious issues and nobody has heard of amd

Ye Dell's aren't that bad are they muz but you have to spend the money you cant buy a cheap dell and expect it to be amazing...

plus tell ur parents that basically everyone got a good computer so you want one :p :D

well i suppose you can get unlucky and get a bad dell but then again fair dos you have an issue with dell , whati hate is when people hate on anything for no reason when they have never owned or experienced the thing they are going on about , or if you had one bad dell and hat the comapny for life , oes that mean if you recieved your intel core 2 duo and it was bad you would boycot intel for life , no you would ring them and get a replacement and all would be good
i aint saying dell are perfect tho there one bad side is the tech support that has been outsourced to india which could be bad , tbh i have never had to wrong them i have fixed any probs with mine without tech support but they arent the only company with bad tech support are they

yeah, I guess you are right. I made excuses like that cheap dells are very bad quality, AMD suks (not wanting to start anything), etc. But he's not budging. He says that all dell should be okay, or they wont market it. DAMN!!!!!!!! I seriously wish I have my own job and is independent. THIS SUCKS! Well, for the dell, I really just play games and go on the internet, or sometimes do homework. For the games, I really want to play Starcraft 2, and some 3D shooter games like halo 2, halo, etc. Do you guys think the dell dimension C521 will be enough for these expectations?

Dell C521:

Dimension C521
Scalable Performance

$200 Total Savings = $100 Free Memory Upgrade+ $100 Savings

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core 3800+, english
Genuine Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium, english
Dell 19 inch SE198WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cacheâ„¢
16x DVD+/-RW Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU
1 Year Next Business Day Onsite/In Home Service and Tech Support
Free Upgrade to 2GB DDR2 SDRAM AT 667MHZ - $100 Value Dimension C521
Entertain your Senses

$180 Total Savings = $100 Free Memory Upgrade + $80 Savings

$699.

And by the way, it says that the dell computers are $100 dollars off and the deal ends 21/6/07. Do you think that the dell will be $100 more expensive after that given date???? Should I wait?

well tell him its the 9200 or no dell , try mesh computers , i dunno if they supply in america ? also ask him if he will let you build your own computer then

also tel him to stop being tightfisted , lol . nah only joking dont say that he might not buy ya one then
dont think thatl be very good as it has integrated graphics

Back
Top Bottom