PC Problem

Mindstate

Solid State Member
When i turn it on...it takes around 10 minutes to load up completely...first the background comes up and about 5 miunutes later the icons deicde to come up with the start bar,
in the tray i can see it connecting to the internet...but it just says connnecting and doesnt finsih connnecting "aquiring netork address" has been on there few last hours

can anyone tell me whats wrong

I have heard it could be malware

Erm
i have 512 ram
it coudl be my recycle bin
thing is i ahv emost stuff on my external hard drive so my internal shudnt really be clutered

Well you should defrag anyway just to see, you can just select analyze and windows will tell you if it is necessary, another thing to check is what programs you have running on start up as if you have lots e.g AV/FIREWALL, MESSENGERS/SKYPE, SPYWARE PROGRAMS and any others like games that auto connect to the internet then this would cause a slow boot.
I would also run your AV/SPYWARE program just to see if it is malaware. are you a keen gamer and have a few big instalation games like football manager as these take up alot of hd and memory, you only have 512 so maybe another stick of 512 to take you up to a gig would help.

sounds like ou have way too much stuff on sartup

click start then run

and type msconfig

click the startup tab

uncheck anything you think you dont need

especially look ou for any blank entries,

uncheck them and click ok reboot and c how it goes

IMO possible Virus/spy ware
how long has it been sence you've cleaned your hard drive?

it could be time for a reformat
take a screen shot and post it with your desktop
if you can

Lol i cant click ont he startbar
I did it using task manager

Just clicked reboot and i am waiting

*cross fingers*

Back
Top Bottom