Software Ideas

computerpro

In Runtime
Hey everyone! I'am set on developing some new computer software (for windows) and need some ideas. Please post something you would like to see as a working application for your pc!

one thing i found that is kind of cool to try and do in your spare time is make a shell. If you don't know what a shell is, it is basically just something that runs "On top" of windows and acts like an OS.

but remember, always give the user a way back to windows :)

No, a shell is an interface. Two types - graphical user interface and command line interface.

So you would be replacing the start menu and the rest of the windows interface with something you made.

i just thought of another thing. have you ever made a web browser?

what language are you programming in

what I'd like is a news ticker.

much like the BBC news ticker, a bar that runs across the top (or bottom) of the screen,
and scrolls headlines, when you click on a headline it opens up the news story.

though I'd like it to be able to read any RSS feed, (as in have an options screen where you can list RSS feeds, from different sites).

IMO this would be useful, and I don't think there is anything out there really all that like it, there are a few things that claim to be like it, but nothing is really as good as the BBC news ticker, whilst also being able to look at any rss data source...

so that's the challenge,

i was just wondering how you actually make programs for windows. can anybody tell me?

thanks

id like to see a decent networking program thats good enough to replace using the xp tools.

Back
Top Bottom