Internet Explorer V FireFox

I still think that IE is tops lol:)
personal preference :) i used to think that but i dont really see what ie has that ff doesnt, well apart from ff needs plugins and stuff at first but after that i think its great

Fair enough, but the bugs i mentioned boiled my piss. I personally think that if they cant sort that, then what else have they let go?

I'm going to be a bit controversial here...

For the casual (non-technical) user I would never advocate anything other than Firefox. There's no doubting that Firefox is more secure by default than IE will ever be, and it's certainly no stretch to state that there are always going to be more risks involved in running IE7 - if only because it is so tightly integrated into the rest of Windoze, and because it will always be a target for the maliciously-minded anti-Redmond brigade.

However, for the 'techies', I can't see there's that much difference tbh. Yes there are some cool extensions for Firefox, but i can live without them.

What is pissing me off about FF the most is the fact that there is STILL a massive problem with the cut & paste functionality with the browser, which has NOT been fixed, despite seemingly every new release trumpeting that it HAS been fixed. This bug drives me insane - I've never been a fan of tabbed windows and often open separate instances of FF - but as soon as I do this, its a race against time before the copy & paste bug appears. This is an almighty cock-up on Firefox's part.

Rant over.:)

Which error is that? I have never got any copy/paste errors while using Firefox??

Matt

Yeah, the first Maxthon looked kinda boring cause of the IE6 interface. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Maxthon 2 though. :D

That's why I don't use it. I'm sick of the IE6 interface, hopefully the next version drops it.

You could always use a different theme. Maxthon, like Firefox, is very flexible in terms of end-user options. The small Maxthon community has lots of plugins, themes and extensions for the browser.

Which error is that? I have never got any copy/paste errors while using Firefox??

Matt
same. i havent really had any problems, except playing a windows media player stream embedded into a website, i got the wmp plugin but its still broke, nm. only a small problem

i downloaded maxthon on my 'family computer' before it broke coz it had so many popups coming up and i just couldnt bothered to look properly so i put maxthon on it and it was great for general use.

abit annoying for the advanced user though blocks alot of stuff that u may want 2 see.

but security is good ?

hey u think we should make a sticky thread (not this 1) about all web browsers and we review them so newbs can look on there and see what people think of them ?

Matt
The copy & paste bug has been present for years in FF - it seems to be pretty random, but most people have had 'success' reproducing it consistently by opening one FF instance, copying something (e.g. a URL) from it then opening another and pasting into that. It doesn't always happen, but usually does and, even more annoying, if you then type into anything (Google, a form etc etc) that requires an apostrophe, it opens the 'Find' dialog. You're then unable to type an apostropher until you completely close FF (and I mean from Explorer - closing it by shutting the browser window down doesn't work).

It has been documented ad infintum in newsgroups and on Bugzilla - every time FF release a new version they proclaim its fixed... but it isn't!

http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/141

http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?p=751664

Back
Top Bottom