Computer Won't Boot.. Please Help !!!!

Might be a long shot, but have you tried resetting the CMOS?
HA that happened to me with this one i have now , i replaced the ram and i tried everything , seating ,cpu all the stuff i could , i was ready to post on here when i thought reset cmos? and it worked

anyway back to topic lol , erm yeah also is there an additional power connector on the mobo usually 4 pins seperatee from the normal 20 or 24 pin connector , i think only p4 systems have it so it may not , if it does tho is that connected cos that gives juice to the cpu

is the cmos set to the reset position as the shop may have done this and left it like this by mistake .
is there an led on the mobo and if so does it light , some moherboards have different led colours for faults etc , kinda like a beep code for death people

HA that happened to me with this one i have now , i replaced the ram and i tried everything , seating ,cpu all the stuff i could , i was ready to post on here when i thought reset cmos? and it worked

anyway back to topic lol , erm yeah also is there an additional power connector on the mobo usually 4 pins seperatee from the normal 20 or 24 pin connector , i think only p4 systems have it so it may not , if it does tho is that connected cos that gives juice to the cpu

is the cmos set to the reset position as the shop may have done this and left it like this by mistake .
is there an led on the mobo and if so does it light , some moherboards have different led colours for faults etc , kinda like a beep code for death people

the power plugs are in yah..and theres 2..one small 4 pin like u said and one big one both plugged in.....as far as cmos in reset postion let me check the manual for that....i don't have the led light plugged in as i not 100% sure i got it hooked up right

welll.... i just got a new cpu for it..... amd sempron socket 754 2600+ , amd 64 technolgy and my mb can be looked at here:

http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-detail.php?link=p-mainboards&subtitle=Mainboard&productid=515

well now i get video on the monitor... but now it says:

<shawn_selig29> American Megatrends.................... CMOS Cheksum Bad..... CMOS Date/time not set................................warning unkown processor........... please contact ur bios vendor for approporttae upgrade ..... fatyal error ....system haluted

i really need help with it........ thxs, shawn

sounds like you need to update the bios to a newer rev , look at the motherboard makers website

By the looks of that, your BIOS doesn't support your processor, so get a new BIOS.

Eventually, I predict that you will end up replacing just about everything!

how i update the mb when i t won't go no farther.... btw.. i bleive it beeps 3 times very fast but not sure what that tells me....

edit: after reaserch the maunal says it has a ami bios...... from what pople telling me bad memory..so i will try memeory....

edit2: i just tested the ram..... with all ram out no onboard video..... with ram in i get video..... so i guess i need to find a a way to update the bios but how?...

i tried putting a floppy drive in it.... and trying to get it to boot on a floppy...but it won't even do that.. it just stops at the system haluted screen cause of unkonmw processor.. cana anyone please help me?, thanks, shawn

reset the bios using the resetting procedure from the manual see what that does

Back
Top Bottom