Ngh.. overclocking CPU?

Shantei

In Runtime
Doesn't like it. I've followed the sticky as best I possibly could considering my BIOS has different set-up completely to no avail. Reducing the speed of the RAM eh? Well I tried reducing it from 800MHz to 667MHz therefore raising my CPU frequency 133MHz more .. He says to also reduce HT down to 4x, which I don't have an option for, although I'm sure there's something similar it's just I don't want to bugger around with it and after having to turn off my computer 30 odd times in order to reset everything .. it's still not overclocking :( - It allows me to overclock it 10MHz more, but anything after that the computer just runs and nothing appears on screen.

I also have this option for adjusting the multiplier .. which will increase the speed of it. Although if I do it, it just resets back to 11x .. why is this? What's this for?

I'm seriously hoping I'm doing it right or have I gone wrong somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

What's your computer's specs?

You should just be increasing the front side bus (FSB) for now.

K9N Platinum m/b
1gb ddr2 dual @ 800MHz
4200+ d/c
Tagan 480w

(64bit os)

I didn't see anything for FSB in specific - I just presumed the frequency :rolleyes:

Heh, any suggestions? Or is this a perculiar problem? - Must be doing something wrong then... :(

Hmm there isn't an option for increasing the FBS. Also the maximum voltage for my CPU is 1.4 and it's already at 1.375 @ 11x as the multiplier. If I increase the multiplier I'd need to increase the voltage more, but it won't go any higher... Could this be the case of why it won't overclock? - Need a higher PSU?

never heard of tagan but yeah a new psu with a name brand would make me sleep easier at night with my computer on just make sure if you get one with over voltage protection.

Back
Top Bottom