Choosing a 24" monitor

eug_5

Beta member
Hi guys,
I've decided to purchase a 24" monitor but am fairly clueless as to the pros/cons of the various options. I'll try to be fairly specific regarding my needs. I'm sure all of them are fine for uni work etc...the most important thing for me will be suitability for watching movies on PC (which I do a lot of). Not really a hardcore gamer or anything, but do spend quite a bit of time on the computer (play on-line poker to support myself) so I need to be able to stare at this screen for long periods. These are the options/prices I've got:

Benq FP241W 6MS WUXGA Black 24" LCD $1,168
Samsung 244T LCD Monitor Silver 24" $1,249
NEC LCD2490WUXi-BK MULTISYNC 24" WideScreen $1,668
Acer AL2416WD LCD SILVER DVI-D 24" $898
HP LP2465 TCO03 LCD Monitor 24" $1,568

Any help would be really appreciated.

umm in English pounds i can get a 32" LCD tv with a pc input for £350 and that would be roughly $700 so y dont you get a 32" LCD tv with pc input and then you have a tv aswell as an awesome monitor ?

ssc - Did he ask for a 32" TV?? There are practicality issues...and besides that the image on a 24" would be much better for a computer. The resolutions would be the same assuming it's 1080P, yet you're adding on all that extra space.

Anyway, don't get any of those. Get the Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP. Much cheaper than those, and much better quality. An 8.0 review from CNet is amazing:
http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-ultrasharp-2407wfp/4505-3174_7-31899303.html

Yeah, a 32" would definitely be a bit too large for everyday use I would have thought.
I should clarify, I'm in Australia, so those are $AUD prices (1 AUD = 0.85 US).

Thanks for the Dell suggestion freestyler, that one is going for $839AUD here atm. Anyone here currently use a 24" for watching movies and are really happy/unhappy with it?

Back
Top Bottom